about to start a build

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Only reason I would run 200 nozzles over a 400 is it seems 400s have a higher failure rate. I guess on a setup that big the failure rate will be higher no matter what.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Yes it will.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time fixing issues, tweaking things, adjusting tuning and the way you drive if you plan to try to DD at that level.

I am not saying that it can not be done, or that it shouldn't be done, just trying to give you some perspective on what it will be like as you try to get there.

Imo, 500 is a perfectly good DD level. With the proper setup you can do everything with it that your truck was originally built to do, do it reliably, and without to much extra worry. It will also be a truck that you can let your brother, sister, wife, girlfriend, father etc borrow and not worry about them melting the damn thing down while they are using it.

Just my 0.02

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm at 496 right now based on track times. I want to have more power than it has now. I'll probably be buying a 6.0, 7.3 or a half ton to dd soon. Eventually it will be to the point where this truck sees only track duty and only occassional street driving. I'm not expecting this setup to be the perfect setup by any means, I know anything over my power level now I run into the chance to have hell with my truck. I am the only one that touches my truck, as it is I don't trust anyone driving it. I also plan to have matt live tune it, or may have TW since he lives about 15 minutes from me so hopefully that will help with some of the tuning headaches.

Homesteader

Reaction score
20121114_210120.jpg

Does the main studs need to be replace or need longer studs to add a girdle?

Homesteader

Reaction score
Can the main studs be done one by one like the head studs. Some say yes and some say no?

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
After talking with Jake at irate 350/200s and a smaller turbo are looking like they can get me where I want to be and also be more streetable.

Latest posts

Members online