Absolutely zero traction

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
exactly. not a mud tire.
i also went toyo m/t's and i am shocked at how poor they are in the snow.

Compared to an AT or snow tire, yeah, but for a mud tire... not bad. At least my truck likes them on Indiana snow. I also drive slow and easy. (I'm old) Got the MTs for where they can get me on the trail.:rockon:

oilburner

Reaction score
Wide tires and no weight doesn't help. My experience with BFG ATs is always good in snow. (02 grand Cherokee, 90 Toyota 4x4, 93 f250 rclb)A little less pressure always helps too. My current truck (f350 cclb) has old MTRs that do real well. But I still put some weight between the tailgate and the rear axle. I work in the sand and gravel/asphalt business so sand bags ain't hard to come by. Besides my dogs like to stand on the stack when my below the rail toolbox is slick. haha

taterthedog

Reaction score
Not too wide on a heavy truck I don't think. I level the box of mine with snow. That helps. There's all different kinds of snow too. Wet sloppy snow is very slippery. Regular snow that is cold, well below freezing, has pretty good grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oilburner

Reaction score
I wasn't saying the tires are too wide. I was just saying that a large contact patch especially with added power is hard to keep hooked up. Weight in the bed will help. I would think that it would take a heck of a lot of Utah snow to add up to any weight at all. The old snowplowers trick of weight behind the axle is the ticket. It takes less weight because of leverage. There is a lot of info on plowsite.com about snow driving and weight.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Goodyear dura tracs are unstoppable on my truck. And mine are not skinny and narrow by any means.

79jasper

Reaction score
I like my cooper discoverer a/t's.
Of course just an obs psd, so not a lot of power, but would spin if I wasn't careful. (F350 sclb flatbed 7k lbs empty)

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
Goodyear dura tracs are unstoppable on my truck. And mine are not skinny and narrow by any means.

Have yet to talk to someone that runs them, but I've read good things about them. I love to wheel off road, so I needed something with some sidewall grip for when I air down. I almost went with the Goodyears.

sootie

Reaction score
Have yet to talk to someone that runs them, but I've read good things about them. I love to wheel off road, so I needed something with some sidewall grip for when I air down. I almost went with the Goodyears.

you have to run duratracs very low on pressure to get them to unload mud.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I have probably 25k on mine and they still look about 80% I would say. I run them at 55 if I recall. Mine are 305 55 20.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Just got a set of Duratracs to try myself. 325/65r18s, spiked and all.
hy7y8y5a.jpg

y5eja3y8.jpg

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Just got a set of Duratracs to try myself. 325/65r18s, spiked and all.
hy7y8y5a.jpg

y5eja3y8.jpg

Sweet! You will love them. Mine came from the factory prepped for studs with the little holes for them, but we don't receive enough snow to justify them. Plus they are way too expensive to only run as winter tires.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.