Added Some LEDs In The Bed

carson

Reaction score
I just put amber on my rocker panel with the same led strips
e9ehy8e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DcMoore

Reaction score
I've been heavily contemplating this, but haven't settled on a light source. Mainly because I was worried about the brightness and the dead zone in the middle of the bed. It appears the brightness of your lights is perfect. But misses the middle. Can you shoot a pic of the placement under the bed rails?

I was going to do what dsberman said with the angled wood but I got tired of looking at the LEDs sitting on the shelf so I threw them on there. I the dead spot in the middle doesn't really bother me because in the middle of the night I can see everything in the bed just fine.

BlackPearl03

Reaction score
I was going to do what dsberman said with the angled wood but I got tired of looking at the LEDs sitting on the shelf so I threw them on there. I the dead spot in the middle doesn't really bother me because in the middle of the night I can see everything in the bed just fine.

I wondered if that was the case. Thanks for letting us know! 👍

uw mitch

Reaction score
Wow this looks great! Gotta get something like this done by fall when it gets dark really early here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

uw mitch

Reaction score
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__41511__High_Density_Waterproof_LED_Flexible_Strip_White_1mtr_UK_Warehouse_.html

These are the water proof ones, I just got the plain strips without the coating which have turned out to be waterproof and have not corroded. The strips have some sticky on the back of them but I used contact cement on the bed and the strips to hold them in place.

I ran the wire from the cargo light down the rear driver's side pillar and to the bed. I will try to get some pictures of them later today.

I was going to install a micro switch on the tool box but these LEDs only pull 400mA

FYI, for those of us in the US, I think we need to use this product (from their US warehouse, but is currently out of stock):
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=26488

The link above goes to the UK warehouse and when I tried to check out, it wouldn't let me since I'm in the US.

~Mitch

uw mitch

Reaction score
These are what you want. Probably the same thing though http://www.ebay.com/itm/221242479044

Isn't 5 meters like 15 feet? Do you guys wrap your bed or something? I can't imagine its flexible enough to lay flat under the rails and make a turn. The ones from Hobby King are 1 meter (3 feet-ish) which seems like a nice length for my shortbed with an aux fuel tank/box.

dsberman94

Reaction score
When I did my trunk of my old car with them, I cut them and resoldered wire to them like it allows you to do. They are cut and reuse strips.

StockCar#10

Reaction score
I've been and haven't posted on here in a while so I figured I would share.

I added some strips of LEDs to my tool box and underneath the bed rails...What a huge help they are at night. I have to wired to my cargo light so anytime the light comes on they turn on.

Ill post some pictures with out the lights turned on later.

10255282_10203586688691933_6288539196009989148_n.jpg

10268700_10203586689011941_1892348721690265674_n.jpg

Couldn't you mount the lights lower on the bed side to get more light in the center of the bed?

DcMoore

Reaction score
I have a rhino lined bed and I didn't want them exposed to everything in the bed moving around.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online