Adding factory fog lights

VanoFord

Reaction score
You wouldn't think Ford would yet that was the exact case for my 150. And I didn't read thw whole thread when i posted to see you already got a harness. Just wanted to throw that option out there. Hopefully the SD were done different than the half tons.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Mike,

Sorry I didn't get this up when I said I would, my kids gave me the junk. Anyway.... Here is a pic I took without taking anything out and I don't have photo editing software on my computer so.......

#1 wire is the fog wiring with plug. #2 is the wiring bundle for the head/parking lights. The fog wiring feeds into the #2 bundle. The fog wiring consists of a black wire and a brown with a red tracer.

3.JPG

I hope it helps.

Mdub707

Reaction score
So it actually comes out of the bundle of wires that run the headlights then... almost certain I don't have them then. Maybe I'll peel back some of the insulation and protector stuff off the harness and see what's what.

The cab is coming off in a couple weeks, I might just wait until then to make it easy.

Thanks a ton for the help man!

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
yea, mine comes out of that bundle. I'll take some more pics with stuff out of the way soon. I'm doing studs and a bunch of other mods sooner than later, deltas have been 8-12 and Monday they were 28-34. I thought it was because it was 15* out that morning and I was running 75, but when I popped the hood to take that pic.......PUKE..... coolant under the hood and on the battery, intake tube and stuff.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine was doing that, but I just stopped adding coolant to it, now it doesn't puke anymore! haha. Cab is coming off of mine between x-mas and new years.

bosscar

Reaction score
yea, mine comes out of that bundle. I'll take some more pics with stuff out of the way soon. I'm doing studs and a bunch of other mods sooner than later, deltas have been 8-12 and Monday they were 28-34. I thought it was because it was 15* out that morning and I was running 75, but when I popped the hood to take that pic.......PUKE..... coolant under the hood and on the battery, intake tube and stuff.

Any chance of uploading those other pics? It's an old thread buy very helpful.
Thanks, Jim

kersey1999

Reaction score
Hope I am not intruding here, I have read this thread for a while now, got curious and went and looked under the hood of my 04 250, found the connector where the Fogs are supposed to be connected. Now the tougher part is to find OEM fogs with the harness to that connector. Anyone know of a salvage yard that may have these fogs with harness from fogs to existing connector?

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Hope I am not intruding here

INTRUDER.......GET OUT OF MIKE'S THREAD.....

Nawwwwww, just busting your balls......If your local yards don't have any, they are the same from 99-07, then you could try Cheapbay and get the OEM harness from Sunrise Ford, they are a vendor on here and PSA members get a discount. Try craigslist too, I've scored some good parts from guys parting out their wrecks.

Oh yea.....Welcome to da club......:pint:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I still have these fogs and brackets and the wire harness sitting in the garage, I gave up on this project, probably going to just sell it all. Ended up buying a 20" LED bar to put in the bumper and brackets from Josh @ DirtyDiesels to mount them.

kersey1999

Reaction score
How much would you be willing to part with them for, I have local guy looking on his lot right now, but just in case i would be interested if the price is right.

Latest posts

Members online