Adrenaline HPOP

Tom S

Reaction score
Now that this pump has been out for a decent amount of time how about some reports from those of you running one. Maybe we can keep this thread on a single subject. It would also be nice to see some performance numbers on these.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id strongly recommend that you delete posts that go awry Tom!!

We all KNOW that this will go off on a tangent somewhere.

SDstroker

Reaction score
FWIW the adrenaline has been good for me so far. No SES for me any more 40% dc with my mods.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I like to try and be productive in these threads. As diesel forums in general get less and less productive everyday. Anyway, I ran one for several thousand miles with 238/100s. Made up to 520+hp with it at around 40%DC 2800PSI. No problems with the pump. With 300/200s it didnt make anymore power but ramped the DC up to 55%DC and pressure was dropping to 2000-2100PSI.

Tom S

Reaction score
I like to try and be productive in these threads. As diesel forums in general get less and less productive everyday. Anyway, I ran one for several thousand miles with 238/100s. Made up to 520+hp with it at around 40%DC 2800PSI. No problems with the pump. With 300/200s it didnt make anymore power but ramped the DC up to 55%DC and pressure was dropping to 2000-2100PSI.

Was that on a SD or OBS truck?

Who else has some data to share.

rusty1161

Reaction score
1997 F250 with Stage 1's and PHP chip. 80HP "custom" tune for the Adrenaline and injectors, never over 40% DC. I installed the Adrenaline when I had stock injectors and noticed an immediate improvement in startup and seat of the pants power. Not a lot, but noticeable. Over 20,000 miles and two years on the Adrenaline and still running strong.

Rusty

Arisley

Reaction score
I was one of the test marketers for the Adrenaline. As soon as I put it on my stock turbo'd and injector'd truck, I called Tom and informed him that it was sold. 75K miles later, with 238's and an H2E, it still holds 3000 all day long. I am still very pleased with it.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can try to get some datalog numbers soon, but in general, it was an upgrade. I don't like that my starts went from a quick bump to taking a few turns to get started, but that is the only downside.

Mtack

Reaction score
My truck is still mostly stock, it has a chip, exhaust, and tymar intake. Stock injectors with 100k and my stock 15* pump could not keep up. I could drop below 2000 psi on a higher setting and it really started to peter out above 2000 rpm. After the Adrenaline it pulls much harder, gets about 2 mpg more and starts easier. It holds 3000 psi all the way to the redline (and has never been retuned). I can`t remember what the duty cycle is but I will try to log it in the next few days. The adrenaline made a bigger difference on my truck than anything else I have done. It might not be the biggest or baddest pump out there but for a pump that isn`t much more than a stock reman it is hard to beat.

I probably noticed more improvement than a lot of guys because my stock pump was weak. It is amazing how much stronger a 7.3 will run with the right amount of high pressure oil. Going from 2000 psi to 3000 psi made my old turd run a lot stronger.

smoker00

Reaction score
I was one of the test marketers for the Adrenaline. As soon as I put it on my stock turbo'd and injector'd truck, I called Tom and informed him that it was sold. 75K miles later, with 238's and an H2E, it still holds 3000 all day long. I am still very pleased with it.

:whs:I was also one of the Bata Testers its has been in the tow truck for about 50,000 or so it Started out with stock AD's, then 160/100's ,now it has a set of larger injectors.

Larger than bob recommended my HPO drops off up top just like Bob sad. But I keep it all happy with the tuning..

So all i can say is i like mine it has been good to me no problems..

psduser1

Reaction score
My thread down below has my numbers, not as nice as some posted here.
Having said that, I have changed the fuel system around, and I want to triple check my work before I point fingers anywhere else. Part if that will include talking to the people ive bought parts from. I am sure my problems will be sorted out to my satisfaction, before im done.
Gotta talk to the guy that worked on it last....
Dammit, that was me.:doh:

Tom S

Reaction score
I can try to get some datalog numbers soon, but in general, it was an upgrade. I don't like that my starts went from a quick bump to taking a few turns to get started, but that is the only downside.

Have you ever checked to see if the issue is the pump being a bit slow to build pressure or if the cause might be elsewhere?

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Replaced my worn out 15* hpop with an Adrenaline, so already I'm sure y'all know what I'm gonna say. What of difference! Added some stage 1 160cc injectors shortly after and not a problem in the world. My truck will pull past 3k rpms no problem, which it would only do on a downhill slope previously :fustrate:

I'll ad my .02 cents again (i created a thread on psn ages ago after my adrenaline install) because it bears repeating. I cross threaded one of the oil lines into my new pump upon install, basically wrecking it. I called Bob Riley and explained what I had done, he sent me another pump immediately at no extra charge.

Can't say enough about the pump or dieselsite. Oh, and the current pump has 20k + without a hitch. I'd buy another one!

Tom S

Reaction score
My thread down below has my numbers, not as nice as some posted here.
Having said that, I have changed the fuel system around, and I want to triple check my work before I point fingers anywhere else. Part if that will include talking to the people ive bought parts from. I am sure my problems will be sorted out to my satisfaction, before im done.
Gotta talk to the guy that worked on it last....
Dammit, that was me.:doh:

I am adding this in with the full understanding that you have not ruled out any other issues with the truck just so we have a more complete discussion.

Ok , got a few miles on, since last post-4500-5000 or so.
All empty, mostly highway.

First, cruising at 65-70 mph this pump will hold 1600-2400 at 20-35% all day depending on grade. Good enough for Bills 80h dd tune.
Just for sh!ts and giggles, I bumped up to the 140x tune, also Bills.
Not so nice, under steady load, the press and dc were comparable. However, at wot, the ad isn't happy.
Straight to 3k, for a second, then down to 2400-2600, then down to 1600-1700!
2400 psi at approximately 28-2900 rpms,1700 at approximately 3200 rpms. At this point, the truck is falling on its face, running out of fuel. Running at 3000 rpm, everything is happy, anymore, and its done. I'm pretty sure Bill told me that his programs eliminated all defuelling points, so the hpop is apparently not stout enough for what is being asked of it.

Is this logical, or am I missing something?
Oh yeah, under wot, any tune, I'm getting a SES light, which goes away shortly after rpms come back down. Haven't checked this with the scangauge, but im fairly certain its oil-related with the above numbers.:doh:
When's the srp coming back? Or, fk it, spend a bigger $ and get something bigger? I'm only going to, at most, a 250/200 injector.

psduser1

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, for clarity.
I see most posters here are running replacement injectors in one form or another.
Anybody have datalogs with an Ad, and old woreout stock injectors?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.