Adrenaline vs big oil(stealth) hpop

TARM

Reaction score
For the most part that would be correct. Possibly with a dual setup using different pumps it might not log exactly but thats not exactly an issue

Tom S

Reaction score
Tom/Tarm

At WOT....If a "big pump" data logged 3000 psi and 35% duty cycle, and a small pump data logged 3000 psi at 35% duty cycle....wouldn't the ramp rate have to be the same on a mechanically driven pump?

I guess I agree conditionally with what your saying...when I look at the AE data logs of the SRP1 vs the Stage 2...the ramp rate is much faster with the stage 2 pump...but this is also manifested in 10-15% less duty cycles for a given PW/ICP at higher rpms too...

So that's why I think it all comes down to max ICP/DC for a given tune is the final be all end all benchmark for our HPOPs.

Hope that makes sense. And if I missed the boat...send another one please :blitzed:

What you wrote kind of make sense intuitively. What I think it might possibly leave out is the the PCM is also reacting to this as well. I know from experience that a really good running truck builds IPC quickly when cruising and rolling into the throttle and a so so truck might finally build up to the same ICP value but it will take more RPM to do so. I have looked those ramp rates more then looking at ICP vs IPR at 3400rpm as that is what made for good driveabilty in my opinion.

Southmike

Reaction score
lame ...no ball swinging, foaming at the mouth typing.
what the heck kind of hpop thread is this.
where is all the drama.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My adrenalin with stage 2s holds 3000 psi at wot... but its also at 68% DC... in other words the more I beat on it the quicker it will weakin the pump... Srp1 will hold the same psi but at only 35%... its a no brained... I'd have the srp1 if it was out when I needed a pump

Tom S

Reaction score
My adrenalin with stage 2s holds 3000 psi at wot... but its also at 68% DC... in other words the more I beat on it the quicker it will weakin the pump... Srp1 will hold the same psi but at only 35%... its a no brained... I'd have the srp1 if it was out when I needed a pump

How do you figure the duty cycle equates to how you are weakening the pump?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
How do you figure the duty cycle equates to how you are weakening the pump?

Well essentially isnt the DC a bit of a reading on how hard the pump is working to make that pressure?
Ive always thought of it that way at least, seems like anything over 50 and your working it harder than most designed it for....but obviously thats just my opinion, maybe they will last no problem at those DC's all day

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
lame ...no ball swinging, foaming at the mouth typing.
what the heck kind of hpop thread is this.
where is all the drama.

Oh, there's plenty of nut swinging going on LOL

FTR, I never had issues with Gary, his customer service, his warranty, or anything for that matter. He stands behind his product and isn't afraid to pull it and loose money, in order to keep customers happier in the long run, allwoing them comfort and security knowing they have a quality piece under the hood. I cannot say the same for another company and their twin-pump fiasco. Which, has left more people stranded on the side of the road then anything Gary has ever built....

With that said, their are many different kits available for many different budgets. The one I think that is the best bang for the buck that offers the greatest performance for the cost, was not mentioned here. That would be a Gen3 from Swamps

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
Think of it this way the HPOP is putting out X amount of oil under pressure. The oil leaving the pump can flow through the injectors or through the IPR. Like a fork in the road. The way the pressure is controled is via the IPR. The work the pump is doing same at a given PSI/RPM. The IPR duty cycle is a measure of how much oil is being bleed off not how hard the pump is working. It is a measure of how much reserve the pump has essentially.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Think of it this way the HPOP is putting out X amount of oil under pressure. The oil leaving the pump can flow through the injectors or through the IPR. Like a fork in the road. The way the pressure is controled is via the IPR. The work the pump is doing same at a given PSI/RPM. The IPR duty cycle is a measure of how much oil is being bleed off not how hard the pump is working. It is a measure of how much reserve the pump has essentially.

Good explanation, I was wondering my self

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.