Aftermarket bumpers: lets see them!

f350rebel

Reaction score
Hey guys! I currently have a Smittybilt steel pipe bumper on my truck, but it's bent after I totalled a Kia with it, so i'm looking to make my own. I'm still debating on 4" round pipe or 6" round pipe, but I'm having an even tougher time deciding on the design... so I was wondering if you guys would help me out and post your bumper and maybe the things you would change/leave the same? Thanks in advance guys! I'll start i guess...
picture.jpg

f350rebel

Reaction score
Oh, man, I think you just showed me the base concept for mine! I think i'll do the grill guard part different, but i'm definitely diggin the double pipe ranchhand kinda thing... maybe the double pipe base with the folding stand/workbench/seat thing... hmmm... thanks man!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anything you would change about them? I'm pretty set on using round pipe as a base, but I've been considering adding flat steel to make it even sturdier... I want to make it as strong if not stronger than a Ranch Hand...

I wouldn't change one thing about my bumpers. They are really strong, the winch cradle fits a Warn M12000, and the mounts don't just mount to the weak factory mounts. They mount there and back to the sway bar bracket so you can actually push and pull on it without bending those crappy bumper brackets. Wouldn't even change anything about the rear bumper. It's clean, wraps around the corners a little, and strong. Only downside is that I have to use the ramps to put it on the trailer now. Before, when it had no front bumper, I'd just crawl it on the trailer with no ramps. LOL

Of course what I use that truck for is different than most here. Whatever you do with your front bumper, I'd suggest reinforcing the stock bumper mounts or add in extra mounts to somewhere else on the frame.

Last edited:

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I've also been looking around for ideas to build my own off of. This is one complete performance used to offer but I think something happened with their supplier but it's probably the concept im going to start mine with.
bar-bumpers-02.jpg

bumper1.jpg

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
That one from CP is an awesome looking bumper... i like the pre runner style

I think u can still get something almost just like that from buckstop, just a little more cash

jgod

Reaction score
heres my version of the CP diy bumpers, just made lots of cardboard templates and went with the ones that looked the best and got 3/16 bent up :evil
franksbumper.jpg
[/IMG]

jstann

Reaction score
4b9d8312-d8e5-7a50.jpg

4b9d8312-d8ff-1395.jpg

4b9d8312-d91d-2d06.jpg

Me and my buddy built this one for his truck ... I'm gunna build one like it to replace mine ... Little beefier then the last one I did

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344067752.100092.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344067752.100092.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 33

Cdills

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to build one for my 09 F-350. There is a kid on youtube that has posted his bumper builds there. He has a six video build on a truck that is close to the same year model as yours.

Latest posts

Members online