Alternator trouble

kwelch08

Reaction score
I have a 2006 f250 I've put 4 alternators on in 2 weeks, but this last one when they tested it at oriellys it would pass with the AC off, but fail with the AC on. My voltage at idle is 12.4 with AC on and 13.6-14v with the AC off. I've checked my grounds and they look ok. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
The batteries when tested say good. With the AC on it says the voltage regulator failed.

DieselMater86

Reaction score
That's weird something is pulling a drain on it somehow. The alt you getting new or remans if remans could be getting bad luck with them. Try a different brand or a new nonreman just a guess there. Hopefully someone who has some more insight can chime in. Also they load tested the batteries I'm sure but how old are your they.

kwelch08

Reaction score
They are brand new. I'm taking it to G racing Monday and letting Jason take a look at it, and he is building me a 250amp.

valvetick

Reaction score
When they are testing the batteries are the testing each one separate or in the truck? I had two auto parts stores test them in the truck and had 1000cca but if you tested them seperate one of them was bad

My truck did a few funny signs before the alternator gave out one day the fuel gauge dropped to empty and then randomly started working. When the alternator was causing the battery light to come on also had the abs light come on. Pulled the batteries and had each one tested separately and there was a bad battery so replaced the alternator and both batteries and it's been perfect since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.