And the 6.4 goes boom again.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Well I think I cracked a piston. Was pulling a grade right out side of Bakersfield 5 minutes in on the grade pulling at 70 MPH, 210 for oil 215 for coolant, trans was at 165, EGT's anywhere from 1,100 to 1,200 boost was 38 PSI, running my KEM 210 tune and then I heard this hissing noise and look out my left window and I see an oil spray :doh:
c33e683b.jpg

1ffd3874.jpg

And all down the side of my ******* trailer to thats going to be fun to clean.
0f4d7692.jpg

So I open the hood and I see my dip stick tube is pushed out and Cylinder 6 has the glow plug harness pushed out of it. Codes are P0284 Contribution fail,P0676 glow plug circuit open cylinder 6.

Here you can here a slight popping through the intake witch in one reason I believe it might be a broken rocker arm so I am going to pop the valve cover off here in Bakersfield at an Rv park to see if I get lucky but the random smoke out the exhaust that I think is oil scares me a little. It gets a little disheartening after a while when you fix one thing thinking thats the end of it and then something else bigger goes and breaks. I will let you guys know when I get the valve cover off tonight.

d87ce27c.jpg

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Its doesnt hurt so bad when you know its coming, but when it comes outta no where, its really painful. Looks like you were going to have fun?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I know you don't want to hear this but start looking for a short block. I went through this just before I was off of warrenty with my 08. Exact same thing minus the oil. I wants under as much load as you were.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online