And the 6.4 goes boom again.

Wayne

Reaction score
It might be a little late on the feedback, but I'm just finishing the engine in my truck, and the only performance change done is a stage 1 cam & HD valvetrain. We have multiple dyno runs & data logs with & without a trailer recorded just before I tore it down, and will do the same tests next week when it's back on the road. That should give you a clear idea on what that cam will do for you for power, spool up, and EGT's. I'm looking forward to seeing the upgrade build progress.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Yes I will be very interest in the results you see!

It might be a little late on the feedback, but I'm just finishing the engine in my truck, and the only performance change done is a stage 1 cam & HD valvetrain. We have multiple dyno runs & data logs with & without a trailer recorded just before I tore it down, and will do the same tests next week when it's back on the road. That should give you a clear idea on what that cam will do for you for power, spool up, and EGT's. I'm looking forward to seeing the upgrade build progress.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe what's the difference in the kits? I like the snow performance kit because it looks at the EGT along with boost but the water mist only does boost.

They have better, higher pressure pumps. They use better, higher quality injectors and IMHO the best controler on the market.

Talk to Swamps, they have a slick Cooling mist set up that they use.

TurboM700

Reaction score
I have got to ask.

Are you just plan old asking to much out of these motors for them to hold together. My fear if this was my truck and my build is that you do all this work hook onto 18-20k again it does it again.

Should you be looking at more of a MDT for this application?

Just ask the questions because I'm curious not trying to tell you what to do or anything.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I really hope not, I have friends with bigger trailers pulling all day long with no issues with Duramaxs and cummins so I would hope that I can and I am still with in the designed towing limit of the truck that is 24,500. But yes this thought has crossed my mind but this is the first time deleted it has done this to me so I think if I throw a mild build at it I will be set.

I have got to ask.

Are you just plan old asking to much out of these motors for them to hold together. My fear if this was my truck and my build is that you do all this work hook onto 18-20k again it does it again.

Should you be looking at more of a MDT for this application?

Just ask the questions because I'm curious not trying to tell you what to do or anything.

Latest posts

Members online