Another 6.7 goes ELITE...

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Eventually, it will be done and I know that it will be done right!

I sold the Rock Star wheels and had a set of Novakanes put on. No other information. I will say that I hope to pick the finished truck up sometime before next Monday.
edb0ffd28276395d9d9c2a895d42ab2d.jpg

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Lol, I've been having so much fun letting it sit around now that it's done. Lmfao!

All I can say is that it was finished just recently and I have unfortunately been on travel on and off since August. End result being that I am really happy with the combination that I chose. Gary was right about everything ;)

Morgan is the best and I owe him my life for multiple facetime mechanic sessions (lol) and for the knowledge that he possesses. Morgan has routinely amazed not only myself but he has also astounded everyone that had the pleasure to deal with him and/or speak with him since I got my truck back to NY. The turbo is very strong and it screams like a new F-35! I will update more later this week...

I have one good pic of it that I can leave you all with, but I promise to be back shortly and offer my details pertaining to the experience!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
All of that information (and more) is coming, but I havent had a chance to put it up on the dyno just yet :(

Let's just say that it has been an unpredictable build! Morgan and Matt know this. The good news is that my truck is about 90% done; driving and running strong, fully operational, but some odds and ends render the truck incomplete and still not "there" as of this very moment...

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Sooooo, I am currently putting the larger 2013 F-250 brakes on the turck. Aside from the Rigid LED fogs, OUO bars, Pioneer 8200NEX and other stereo components, the truck is basically done.

I have been in/out of New England, and then back to NY for work so I haven't been home for quite some time to put some real miles on the truck. I came home this past weekend and I enjoyed driving the truck while I had the time! It pulls SO hard, sounds SO cool, and I am just really happy with all of the modifications/combination(s) that I decided to go with... PSA is a real blessing, but not for our wallets ;)

Only complaints so far is that one of the damn Novakane wheels has started to pit around the center of the wheel. The truck has been sitting for 4 months basically, and barely was driven since the wheels were installed. I hope I am covered to some extent for at least the first year. All in all, the truck is great and we have some last minute file tweaks, wrenching, and big-time detailing to go and then it will be good to go!

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Sorry all. Photos AND videos will be posted just as soon as I can get the hell home... If there is anyone who wants to (FINALLY) enjoy this truck and rave all about it, it is me!

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I am FINALLY nearing the end of the build, and the final result is no doubt worth the time and effort but it has been a long, #$%^&* up road! Another time and place for that elaboration, lol.

I have to say that the underhood combination is phenomenal! It performs like I could not even begin to explain, and with these underhood mods and the Carli complete suspension, there has been a definite turnaround in driving this truck!! On the other hand, I have noticed rust building up on the hotside of the turbo (it was never coated) and I was wondering if wrapping would serve any purpose at this point? I don't want to get this far and then the thing starts falling apart.

In the final stages of this build, I am doing the stereo/sound proofing and the rest of the suspension mods, and I am going to be installing the Rigid LED fogs and reverse lights. Please feel free to chime in if you have any last minute tips, advice, comments or concerns!

A couple of "newer" photos as we draw closer to the finish line...

image_zpsxgaz1ecz.jpg

image_zpsemtiqurv.jpg

image_zps8zvgmma2.jpg

image_zpsz55a5ja7.png

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Between bull**** and travel (and sometimes both at the same time), I am back to update everyone on my progress with this truck project...

So far, here is a quick list of upgrades/mods since my last posting: MBRP 4" DUALS w/ 6" tips; OEM emblems painted BMW Tanzanite Blue Metallic over Tuxedo Black; Tuxedo Black Cervini's cowl hood; SEM Paint Landau Black dye applied to interior with exterior color-matched plastics; Raamat sound-deadening to all 4 doors and back wall; Tuxedo Black painted OEM headlamps; Pioneer/JL Audio/Hertz/SuperCrewSounds complete stereo install; revised tune files from GHP uploaded to engine/transmission; Rigid D2 XL installed in place of OEM fog lamps; PPG "clear coat-smoked" tail lamps; 2wd air dam/valance.

Since my last post to this thread I have had many hours of in-travel status and with that came plenty of "thought process" into what has been done to this truck so far, and also to how I plan to finish it. While I would be the first to say that I experienced a ton of BS during this project, I can also say that the semi-finished product is showing enormous potential and I expect that it will all be worth it in the end. The fact is that when I was left with ¾ of a truck in shambles, I was lucky to have had good vendor support along the way. Some of these “new friends” were total strangers at first but they stepped up without hesitation to help me finish the project and I have nothing but the utmost respect for each one of them. These vendors completely deserve our business as consumers and I will no doubt refer future business based on the exemplary service and support that I had along the way!

Anyway, like I said, I made some changes to this truck since I last posted :) For starters, I sent most of the interior back to the spray booth for touch-up Tuxedo Black. Yes, most of those same pieces were already painted once before but I neglected to put the pieces somewhere safe enough so they would not get scratched or damaged while the rest of the interior was altered to accommodate the stereo install. Needless to say, some of those pieces were never put away and were subsequently scratched and scuffed in the interim. On the other end of the spectrum, I noticed that there were signs of fading mainly in the dash and other little areas thanks to routine beatings from the sun as this truck has been parked in the direct sunlight for almost 5 months. I did a little research and found some great info and reviews for interior dye by SEM Products, so I went out and got some prep agent, adhesion promoter, and a couple of cans in the Landau Black color. After a quick how-to from those with experience I prepped the dashboard, lower console, door panels, and other little areas that showed fading and began the process of refinishing. Overall, it came out nice! *I have attached some photos to follow this post.* I personally think that a darker interior looks great when compared to the factory color but most would argue that the heat in summer months would be too much for them.

I also chose to install Raamat & Ensolite sound-deadening materials by Raam Audio to all 4 doors and the back wall of my truck. I was interested in getting the best out of my stereo install and sound-deadening has always been recommended to me on the other cars that I have modified, but I always skipped over that part. I chose Raamat over other brands because of the great reviews and the quality of customer service that I was received. All in all, the material was purchased at a great price and the install went very smooth thanks to an array of detailed information and comprehensive instructions. As for the rest of my interior, it still remains "disassembled" as the stereo shop is preparing to finally do my installation come late-July. *I snapped a photo of the stereo components for a quick reference.*

As for the exterior, you can see that the OEM hood, fog lights, and the previously installed red/black emblem scheme have been changed. I first installed Rigid D2 XL in place of the OEM fogs, and they fit and perform awesome! I then purchased/installed a Cervini's cowl hood (****in' nightmare situation that whole ordeal was) and I have to admit that it looks very cool on this truck! It helps with the under hood temps and the truck really stands out and draws attention to itself now. As you will also notice, I de-badged the doors and it looks really nice. I chose a new black/blue emblem scheme over the tacky red/black scheme previously installed mainly because the old combination was way too tacky and bright for my taste. ***SOME PHOTOS BELOW DO HAVE THE OLD EMBLEM SCHEME STILL PARTIALLY INSTALLED, BUT UPDATED PHOTOS WILL COME ONCE THE TRUCK HAS BEEN DETAILED AND THE NEW EMBLEMS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED*** The new color scheme is Tuxedo Black for a base with the very cool BMW "Tanzanite Blue Metallic" as the color for the lettering. (You may/may not be able to distinguish the color in the photos of these emblems provided below.) I chose this particular color combination because I really wanted something different for these emblems and that is when search after search led me to “deep blue colors”. Tanzanite Blue Metallic immediately caught my eye as it is a deep, dark blue metallic that really pops in the sunlight but at certain angles it looks black. The deep blue REALLY comes to life at certain angles. No photos really do the color any justice.

The 2WD front air dam/valance is not yet mounted but I dropped the ridiculous larger OEM 4WD one and while the truck looks pretty cool, it is just "missing something". I guess I would have to snap a picture of that for you to understand if you guys have not seen it for yourself. After some extensive sun and seasonal element exposure the exterior is practically screaming for a thorough cleaning and detail! Regular washing in the driveway will not cut it, nor will it erase the small scratches or the fading, weather-beating, and months of rain and pollen/sap build up :( I have an appointment with the detail crew scheduled for late-July...

All in all, the truck sounds great and runs well at this point and it is getting there. I just have some small things to adjust, tweak, and/or replace. To everyone following, I apologize for the lack of posting due to my work schedule. I will continue to update when I take some new photos. As always, Thanks for looking and following!

image_zps8kzwyt1i.jpg

image_zpsni6evsaw.jpg

image_zps9nx3tiwl.jpg

image_zpsxz3uz3qg.jpg

image_zpsewsapdqm.jpg

image_zps3plezex6.jpg

image_zpsyhcook0o.jpg

image_zpsp83ufw3x.jpg

image_zpsldwlqz3z.jpg

image_zpsfmjnfrzn.jpg

image_zpsovqjk08c.jpg

IMG_6934_zps41x9tqwo.jpg

IMG_6936_zpsmhc1hrrs.jpg

image_zpshqtkxfr7.jpg

image_zpstfuocrk9.jpg

image_zpsw0tb1qxc.jpg

Last edited:

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Thank you, sir. The blue/black scheme seems to be liked a lot! Aside from my Carli springs being powder coated, my newer emblems came out nice and flow better than that red scheme I had previously. I will post pics when I get home.

I (for some reason) loved the look of the older lamps over the newer units, for starters. I didn't really care for the bulge of the newer lights and after the Recon units died on me, I guess I grew to like the reverse being at the bottom of the lights, lol.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
loose the fx4 emblems and throw some amp steps on.....

trucks looks really good. How is the headlight output?