Another cracked piston

78f100

Reaction score
Both will show up as a contribution fault. It will get you pointed to the correct cylinder to start testing on

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah a piston should show way more than that. Check it manually dont even have to pull the valve cover

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Ok u pulled the valve cover to see if maybe I had a loose inj line. There are none leaking. So pulled the injector and the orings look good. Where else could I be gettin fuel in oil. Also I drained the oil and put new in and the miss is gone. I still need to manually check compression. I'll do that tomorrow. Can I have the the washer on the bottom of the injector on wrong?

78f100

Reaction score
Ok u pulled the valve cover to see if maybe I had a loose inj line. There are none leaking. So pulled the injector and the orings look good. Where else could I be gettin fuel in oil. Also I drained the oil and put new in and the miss is gone. I still need to manually check compression. I'll do that tomorrow. Can I have the the washer on the bottom of the injector on wrong?

You can have the washer up side down, but I doubt that's causing a issue. My truck did the same thing when a injector went, I had white smoke along with a skip. It had about 1.5 gallons of fuel in the oil also. I would change that injector if the manual compression test comes out ok.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
You can have the washer up side down, but I doubt that's causing a issue. My truck did the same thing when a injector went, I had white smoke along with a skip. It had about 1.5 gallons of fuel in the oil also. I would change that injector if the manual compression test comes out ok.

A injector wouldn't cause my compression to be down a bit would it. If the injector is bad I have another issue causing my compression to be down correct?

78f100

Reaction score
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a compression test like you did. You need to use a actual compression tester on all cylinders. I'm not sure as I don't have the same scanner as you but I can't figure out how it can do a compression test. It must be some sort of a contribution test and a bad injector would cause it to read wrong.
Harbor freight has a decent diesel compression tester.

Latest posts

Members online