Another cracked piston

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a compression test like you did. You need to use a actual compression tester on all cylinders. I'm not sure as I don't have the same scanner as you but I can't figure out how it can do a compression test. It must be some sort of a contribution test and a bad injector would cause it to read wrong.
Harbor freight has a decent diesel compression tester.

Oh ok.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
The little oring on mine was warped. I'll see if I can find a picture

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
This how mine came out
usada3ud.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Got both valve covers off tonight. No visible leaks. About to buy a injector and put it in #8 and a new rail pressure sensor and see what happens.

webb06

Reaction score
Got both valve covers off tonight. No visible leaks. About to buy a injector and put it in #8 and a new rail pressure sensor and see what happens.

Did you ever do a compression check on #8? What are the symptoms now? Just fuel in the oil? No miss now?

webb06

Reaction score
Thats the only way to see if its leaking. At least then you will have 5k psi to help find the leak.

Yep.

Only way it can be an injector is if its leaking from the jumper line or putting way to much fuel in the cylinder and its gettin passed the rings (which would cause excessive smoke)

Get it started with the VC's off and look it over real good

Latest posts

Members online