Another Shaft Bites the dust.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
please start another thread for that.

i have no issues with my tuning, just need to find a happy balance of o/d clutches to the shift firmness and raw horsepower. im judging by the fueling that i probaly just gained another 30-50 rwhp.... $HIT blows up at this power level.

guess i'm gonna need this tune as well :D can't have you running out in front LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
guess i'm gonna need this tune as well :D can't have you running out in front LOL

hahahha im just guessing from the smoke and the boost, and the instant failure buddy. i would advise you to let me pioneer this tune with our setup before you go putting your big boy pants on.

p.s. at 400lbs heavier than you...i wouldnt worry about my fatass being out in front of you.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Was the 3-5 shift much different than before, or just the amt of boost and extra power made it snap? You think there is much difference for us big boys with injectors and other goodies? :ford:

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Was the 3-5 shift much different than before, or just the amt of boost and extra power made it snap? You think there is much difference for us big boys with injectors and other goodies? :ford:

I wouldn't be scared to update your tuners just because mike broke a shaft I'm sure his trans has had alot of abuse and was about time to crap out
Me and mike corsilli been running the tune for for 2 weeks now

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
i think eric needs to take some firmness out, for real. ill try again hopefully by the end of the week, im putting a billett one back in, see if i can have 2 broken billett shafts under my belt.

You need to let it learn Mikey. Your trans lasted for years before you changed tunes and beat the snot out of it. ;)

The trans tunes haven't changed at all, other than the addition of a new delayed lockup program in the list of choices, which has slightly softer shifting for the daily driver trucks. It works great on the big turbo trucks too, which was the main purpose of the program. I drive it daily though.

Cobra 19 & 54

Reaction score
I think we just need to limit Mike to a Briggs and Stratton motor ( 5 hp ), a hair dryer ( not commercial use one either ) for boost, and a soap box derby car. You break all your toys before christmas day is over!!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lol Eric- trans is apart and it broke the forward drum. Haven't heard of that one yet. I wonder if binding caused it?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
damn mike, wonder if anyone has an upgrade for it yet, or if its really an issue

doubt its an issue dustin. i just dropped the hammer at the wrong time i guess. input shaft is perfect, all shafts are perfect. im just suprised that went of all things, as i hadnt heard of anyone breaking that yet.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
well at least you can just order a stock one from the dealer and have the shop drop it in with no major repairs to go with.

Sounds like i might have to change my relearn proceedure, but i do like mike does, load tune... hammer down

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well at least you can just order a stock one from the dealer and have the shop drop it in with no major repairs to go with.

Sounds like i might have to change my relearn proceedure, but i do like mike does, load tune... hammer down

yeah but the clutches are all pretty waxed.... gotta fix that too, and i may change the converter out cuz theres prolly some trash in there.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah but the clutches are all pretty waxed.... gotta fix that too, and i may change the converter out cuz theres prolly some trash in there.

Not a bad idea, might be a good time to go to the heavy duty suncoast converter, im thinking i need to do the same

JDub

Reaction score
I know the cryo process didn't seem to help your intermediate shaft issue, but we have been cryoing front drums and sun shells for John Wood in his 4R100 builds. Can't hurt I guess.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I know the cryo process didn't seem to help your intermediate shaft issue, but we have been cryoing front drums and sun shells for John Wood in his 4R100 builds. Can't hurt I guess.

yeah just crushes a basic timeline to have a running vehicle ;) thanks though, i may just do it anyway.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Dont feel bad Mike..im in the intermediate boat too

306770_2406357758620_1241450091_32986385_517693_n.jpg

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is a strange one to break, I haven't heard of it either. I am pretty sure there are no updates for it. Time to build it better!