Another T4 thread

ja_cain

Reaction score
I ran 250/100 and a 38r and thought the truck performed very well. My truck was detuned for pmrs but it didn't smoke and spooled great. Then I windowed the block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What tune/situation where you in when you windowed it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
I believe it was a 0.91 housing. It starts spooling at 1800 RPM where my 364.5 is already spun up by 1600 RPM.
That awesome! I want a 364.5 some kind of bad. What injector where to you running again?

ja_cain

Reaction score
What injector are you running?
Just stock, but thinking an 80% over hybrid of some sort when I replaced these. I'm going to try real hard to get a spare motor to fab up a mount and up-pipes. I'm pretty good at tig welding when I'm not drinking caffeine. Lol!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The 366 works really well with hybrids. Mine have 100% nozzles. But that 366 is a d@mn nice towing turbo. I pulled a long grade with mine this morning towing my 30' camper, and at 65 mph in OD, (1900 rpm) and 28 psi, at 1200* I could still accelerate in a 2.8ms tune which took egts to 1250 up the grade.

There are plenty of people who like the 364.5s, but the 366 works d@mn good too!

ja_cain

Reaction score
The 366 works really well with hybrids. Mine have 100% nozzles. But that 366 is a d@mn nice towing turbo. I pulled a long grade with mine this morning towing my 30' camper, and at 65 mph in OD, (1900 rpm) and 28 psi, at 1200* I could still accelerate in a 2.8ms tune which took egts to 1250 up the grade.

There are plenty of people who like the 364.5s, but the 366 works d@mn good too!
That's impressive. I don't give chit about unloaded acceleration/performance as I generally drive like an old man these days. Maximizing towing abilities is all I care about. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm thinking the 364.5 would be acceptable with stock injectors on the mean time.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I believe swaan has the 364.5 with the smaller turbine size , and 4.10 gears and says it's a quick spooling thing. I went from a 38R to a 366 with a 1.0 housing and couldn't be happier. Unloaded is a blast. Towing so far has exceeded expectations. Ran 14.9 at 93 mph in the quarter two nights ago, and that's with a manual transmission.

The Brad just put a 364.5 with the larger turbine like what's on the 366, 369, and so far is super happy with its performance. All in all this sxe line of turbos has been impressive on the 7.3s.

The Brad

Reaction score
I finally got to try it out today and WOW!!! With the 38r, my pyro was fast and the boost gauge was slow. Now it's the opposite. Lugging in overdrive and flooring it to 80, it spools way faster and quieter than the 38r, and pegged my 35# boost gauge within a couple of seconds in my daily tune. I'm not gonna know how it tows since my toy hauler is in AZ and I'm not bringing it home until New Years. I may go borrow a friend's trailer and try that. I'm about $2300 into this s and I would've payed a lot more. The 38r was a waste compared to this!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I believe swaan has the 364.5 with the smaller turbine size , and 4.10 gears and says it's a quick spooling thing. I went from a 38R to a 366 with a 1.0 housing and couldn't be happier. Unloaded is a blast. Towing so far has exceeded expectations. Ran 14.9 at 93 mph in the quarter two nights ago, and that's with a manual transmission.

The Brad just put a 364.5 with the larger turbine like what's on the 366, 369, and so far is super happy with its performance. All in all this sxe line of turbos has been impressive on the 7.3s.

I have a Bell Turbo/BASB which I believe is 364.5 with a 1.10 exhaust housing. I start moving the boost gauge at 1200 rpm with 175/80s. Going to T4/BASB woke the truck right up. It's one of those mods that should've been years ago.

Billy T.
[email protected]

The Brad

Reaction score
So now what do I do with the waste gate actuator solenoid? I pulled the red/green tubes off, but I left it in the valley plugged in so I wouldn't get a check engine light.

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
You will really see an improvement towing! The only reason I look at the pyro anymore is out of habit.

What exhaust housing are you running? I am thinking of trying the 363 or 364.5, I just noticed you have the same size injectors that I do. I have an s366 with a .91 exhaust housing and it performs well but my drive pressure is quite a bit higher than the boost.

JDelaney

Reaction score
Nope. Going off of the recommendations of the experts. From what I understand the SXE line of turbos is a substantial improvement over the standard S300.

Last edited:

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Thebrad I'm glad your happy with your new turbo. And I do like beer. At what rpm does it start to spool? And what tunes are you
Running

The Brad

Reaction score
Thebrad I'm glad your happy with your new turbo. And I do like beer. At what rpm does it start to spool? And what tunes are you
Running

I love it! It's hard to tell how fast it spools in my daily tune since I have fuel pulled back until map comes up. I had Jody tune out a lot of smoke. I am seeing 25psi by 1900. My fuel pump doesn't hang with the hot tune, so I'm gonna swap that out and see if a new one will, the I can give accurate spool rpm.

Latest posts

Members online