Any ideas??

Kind

Reaction score
I finally got my air filters in and put them on....

Not that I would ever suggest it as a sufficient alternative, but having those pre filter covers folded up in place of real filters is not advised lol. They were really restricting the air intakes.

Got my boost up to 46psi now vs 20-22 before. But still having a fuel issue.

Kind

Reaction score
^^^ Agree...

Mike just sent me a tune, gonna go try it out in a bit.

Kind

Reaction score
please god, let it kick ass.

Your prayers have been answered my brotha!!

Now lets see how good you are at praying for my trans. Lol.

So far the tune is crazy. Mike@kem is the man!... Actually tho, I haven't been able to go above half throttle cuz my trans is hating life. The little bit it did open up it was intense. Brought years of joy to my eyes... I mean I was leaking awesomeness.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Your prayers have been answered my brotha!!

Now lets see how good you are at praying for my trans. Lol.

So far the tune is crazy. Mike@kem is the man!... Actually tho, I haven't been able to go above half throttle cuz my trans is hating life. The little bit it did open up it was intense. Brought years of joy to my eyes... I mean I was leaking awesomeness.

*** yeah buddy. Now get a trans !!

Kind

Reaction score
Burnouts will be abundant once it's running better. Even tho mikes tunes hauls a&s I'm still fighting a fueling issue.

Iirc the dmax guys had tuning issues until the maf was fixed. I'm waitin to find out if mike thinks he can manipulate it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
my brothers duramax had no balls until we rescaled the maf, now its happy :)

glad its running better though! you will work the kinks out in no time buddy.

Last edited:

Kind

Reaction score
Talking with the guys on CompD... It would appear us 6.4 guys are leaving a lot on the table by not rescaling the MAF. Dmax guys mostly since they also run a MAF notice a big difference by tuning their MAF sensors.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Good to hear that it is a beast. Has anyone rescaled the MAF's in our trucks? Is it available through MCC?

madman1234509

Reaction score
What would you need to rescale the maf for other than with two intakes? Like different air flow levels? I wonder how high the stock maf with regular off the shelf tuning reads

Erikclaw

Reaction score
From what I was told the tables haven't been released yet to tune them through MCC, but that is being worked on.

Kind

Reaction score
What would you need to rescale the maf for other than with two intakes? Like different air flow levels? I wonder how high the stock maf with regular off the shelf tuning reads

From what I see the factory MAF only reads to 86.6. I max it out at 15% throttle.

From what I was told the tables haven't been released yet to tune them through MCC, but that is being worked on.

If that's the case then someone please be in contact with Mike@KEM and myself...lol. This may be just what I need.

Kind

Reaction score
I also noticed my MAP sensor only reads to 37psi. Does anyone know if that's just as high as the sensor reads or is that a set limit?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
I also noticed my MAP sensor only reads to 37psi. Does anyone know if that's just as high as the sensor reads or is that a set limit?

They are capable of reading to 95psi. The issue is the factory only allowed for that high. so the number becomes skewed and inaccurate after 37psi. Thats why dustin designed his boost harness for the dash daq. it uses factory map sensors but will accurately display the number on the dash daq. it also comes with two sensors for reading low pressure and total boost.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Talking with the guys on CompD... It would appear us 6.4 guys are leaving a lot on the table by not rescaling the MAF. Dmax guys mostly since they also run a MAF notice a big difference by tuning their MAF sensors.

rescaling the maf on a duramax is a must if it has a larger intake. if you don't it gets a lazy throttle since it doesn't see all the air coming in. it also bases the load of the motor of the maf, which affects transmission operation.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.