Any Mod Avail. To Fill Fuel Tanks Wide Open?

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Obviously you can't fill an obs tank with the nozzle wide open because it back up and kicks off.... I remember reading somewhere about a mod to make it work but am having trouble finding it now. Any suggestions or has anyone done it?

ghohouston

Reaction score
The mod does exist, im not too knowledgable when it comes to little obs tricks/mods, but iirc, you remove the filler neck and theres a plastic tube inside it that you can remove. Like I said, im not 100 percent sure, I know someone on here knows though. Good luck

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
The mod does exist, im not too knowledgable when it comes to little obs tricks/mods, but iirc, you remove the filler neck and theres a plastic tube inside it that you can remove. Like I said, im not 100 percent sure, I know someone on here knows though. Good luck

Alright then im not crazy... thanks

bumpp

jdc753

Reaction score
Not sure the differences but isn't it called the "Harpoon Mod"

Also I am thinking of another but don't know if it is what you are looking for "hutch mod"

ncollins64

Reaction score
Honestly its easier to just explain while talking or else everything will be confused. I know that from experience. Not trying to hide anything though. I'll try and write it out step by step before I post

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Hey wait your turn buddy lol

I'll give you a shout tomorrow Ncollins... any times to not call? I'm out of school at 1230 eastern so it would probably be then

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I did the same thing on my 00. Drop the tank and pull the sending unit out of the top. Once you have it out reach in the tank and feel around till you find the big vent tube hanging down. If I remember correctly its about an inch or so in diameter and hangs down several inches. I got a pair if tubing cutters from advance and cut it off as close to the top as I could. It takes some time just because its an awkward position but in the end I had about an inch hanging down vs the ten or so that was there. After that I went ahead and installed an airdog and a sump but never had the same issue again. I could fill up at the big rig pumps and it wouldn't shut off till it was about 1/2 gal from being full to the neck. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online