Any vendors on here sell ICP

cj45lc

Reaction score
Ok so I have oil in the icp SENSORbut the truck is still running decent. Should I go ahead and change it out? I guess what im getting at is if there is oil in it that means that it is going bad and needs to be changed correct?

Yes bud you are correct

Btw I don't believe your post was taken as being a smartass, at least I didn't take it that way & I believe Tom was just happy that you were getting good info from this site.

But then again I could be way out in left field

neverkickn

Reaction score
Do you own a business. I started an account with my local ford dealer and I get a discount. They will also negotiate if I can find a cheaper price anywhere else.

Charles

Reaction score
I could probably borrow a high pressure accumulator and capture some ICP for you off of one of our trucks. Maybe like 3200psi or so of good, high quality ICP.

Figure maybe 1 dollar per hundred psi of ICP. That would only be 32 dollars, plus shipping. Of course you must return the accumulator.

There.... I figured out how to sell ICP, and it's waaaaay cheaper than anything you've gotten quoted from a dealer.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
I could probably borrow a high pressure accumulator and capture some ICP for you off of one of our trucks. Maybe like 3200psi or so of good, high quality ICP.

Figure maybe 1 dollar per hundred psi of ICP. That would only be 32 dollars, plus shipping. Of course you must return the accumulator.

There.... I figured out how to sell ICP, and it's waaaaay cheaper than anything you've gotten quoted from a dealer.

Damn wish I had thought of that before starting this thread.:mad:

cj45lc

Reaction score
Just looked on e-bay for the hell of it, guy has 4 in Ford package $107 shipped each

Arisley

Reaction score
Tom was not being a smartass. Charles, on the other hand......

Don't worry to much about making mistakes, they are going to happen, take the razzing you get in the same fashion it is given. That's how you have fun while learning about these trucks. You you don't have fun with it, they will drive you absolutely insane.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Yea Arisley my wife and I were talking tonight and she said I had been driving her crazy with everything that I had been doing to the truck. She said this after begging me this morning to drive my truck to work. I asked her if I was driving her crazy with it to just stay away and not drive it no more. Well she backtracked pretty fast! So I know exactly what you mean! Sorry for the long story its just funny you said that after tonight. I really do appreciate you guys helping me out.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Ok so I so today I had to go to town, probably about a 30 mile round trip. I used almost a quarter of a tank. Could this be from the icp sensor or do I have something else going on to? The truck is running decent, using no oil, no leaks besides a little coming from the turbo pedestal. I dont have access to an AE. I am looking everday at the truck trying to see if I am missing something but I cant find anything else going on. Just getting a little pissed.:mad:

TARM

Reaction score
Actually take the time to track your mileage. With the way the gauges work on these trucks 1/4 tank is meaningless. Get some full filling up to the top of the neck fill ups and track your mileage. Then report back and lets see where you are at. Depending on the mielage and condition and prior care for your truck it could be any number of things from injector o-rings, nozzles etc, ICP sensor, dragging brake, boost or exhaust leak.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Tarm I usually get about 100-125 miles depending on how I drive and how much im pulling something to a quarter of a tank. I have had the truck for a little over a year now, bought if from a older retired couple that only used it for pulling a 24 ft bumper pull trailer to the lake about 25-30 miles away from their house. They bought the truck new. They had a local ford shop do all of the scheduled maintenance on the truck. Only ran the oil that the dealership put in it. The only thing they ever did to the truck that I was concerned with was for a year or so he said that the head mechanic had a chip that he had bought and sold to them they used for a year before they decided it wasnt helping them so they took it back to him and took it off. I dont know exactly what chip-programmer(i think it was a off the shelf cookie cutter programmer). I took the truck the day I bought it to my old mechanic and he hooked it up to his computer and the only thing it showed was that it used to have a programmer on it so he cleared everything out and I went to my ford dealership and had the pcm reflashed. Sorry for the long post just trying to tell all I know about this truck. Also it has gotten about 15-16 hand calculated mpg since I bought it. Just put new EBC brakes and their sport dimpled and slotted rotors on it with new caliper pins. Im pretty sure the brakes are not draggin.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online