Any vendors on here sell ICP

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Just bought a new sensor on ebay. So I guess we will see how this works out.:priest:
Got it for half of what anyone else had a quote for! Figured it was worth a shot.

Charles

Reaction score
Ok so I so today I had to go to town, probably about a 30 mile round trip. I used almost a quarter of a tank. Could this be from the icp sensor or do I have something else going on to? The truck is running decent, using no oil, no leaks besides a little coming from the turbo pedestal. I dont have access to an AE. I am looking everday at the truck trying to see if I am missing something but I cant find anything else going on. Just getting a little pissed.:mad:

Sooooo, after re-reading the entire thread up to this point, the gist of it is that there's NOTHING wrong with your truck, but there's a little oil in the bottom of the ICP sensor receptacle? So..... am I reading this right..... that since you found that oil in there you EXPECT the truck to be messing up and you're actually "getting a little pissed" because it runs like a top????

When you find yourself trying to manufacture problems like this, then I would suggest that you find something to do with your time. When/if the truck ever actually has a problem, then and only then would I worry about how to fix it.

You can't fix what isn't broken...

DocBar

Reaction score
I could probably borrow a high pressure accumulator and capture some ICP for you off of one of our trucks. Maybe like 3200psi or so of good, high quality ICP.

Figure maybe 1 dollar per hundred psi of ICP. That would only be 32 dollars, plus shipping. Of course you must return the accumulator.

There.... I figured out how to sell ICP, and it's waaaaay cheaper than anything you've gotten quoted from a dealer.
That's just nasty and wrong. Everyone knows you get better performance once the ICP warms up. It's also easier to accumulate.

Holy crap thats cheap... around here the icp and ipr sensors are over $200
I see them for sell all day long for under $200.

Sooooo, after re-reading the entire thread up to this point, the gist of it is that there's NOTHING wrong with your truck, but there's a little oil in the bottom of the ICP sensor receptacle? So..... am I reading this right..... that since you found that oil in there you EXPECT the truck to be messing up and you're actually "getting a little pissed" because it runs like a top????

When you find yourself trying to manufacture problems like this, then I would suggest that you find something to do with your time. When/if the truck ever actually has a problem, then and only then would I worry about how to fix it.

You can't fix what isn't broken...
Spoken like a man that must be recovered from a rat raping...did you ever find that little booger?

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Damn chuck your gettin good at being an ass aren't ya! No it's not running like a top but it runs just is guzzling fuel bad. I just like to be on top of this before my truck won't even run! And as far as my time goes until deer season gets here I don't really have nothing to do if you are that interested with what I do with my time. :thumbup:

cj45lc

Reaction score
Damn chuck your gettin good at being an ass aren't ya! No it's not running like a top but it runs just is guzzling fuel bad. I just like to be on top of this before my truck won't even run! And as far as my time goes until deer season gets here I don't really have nothing to do if you are that interested with what I do with my time. :thumbup:

you might want to look at the ebp sensor & tube to see if they are plugged up with soot, some have said they have noticed better mileage after cleaning the tube & sensor. Guzzle has a good write up on it. The sensor is on top of the waterpump & the tube goes to the pass side exhaust manifold.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Yea cj45lc that was the first thing that I did. Filled up tonight my hand calculated mileage was 8.4 so it is right about half of what I have been getting for a year now. This truck hardly ever blows smoke but the past few weeks it seems to be where everytime I touch the throttle it is blowin smoke. Im gonna go down to a friend of mines shop tomarrow and see if he can hook it up to their computer and see if I have any codes. My ICP sensor will be here tuesday so maybe that will help if nothing else I will know that when I put the new one on that it has to be something else. Oh yea chuck :gun:

Big Bore

Reaction score
I dont know if any vendors sell ICP, seems to me it would leak out the minute you open it...

I thought maybe he was looking for this...

insane-clown-posse.png

Big Bore

Reaction score
Btw, oil in the actual sensor connection is a good indication the sensor is going bad. Clean the connector thoroughly then run it and re-inspect. If oil re-appears, and there is no other way for it to get in there, the sensor is leaking. As that gets worse the HPO pressure will actually strip the wires in the harness side connector. Inspect it thoroughly and replace if it looks sketchy. Ford sells the connector.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Ok thanks Big Bore! I hadn't thought of the plugin going bad. I will be going through everything tomorrow to see if anything is leaking. I know chuck doesn't like it when people ask questions if their truck isn't bucking like a damn mule but I can tell when something is wrong and want to try and stay ahead of it if I can! Again I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions!!

Petro

Reaction score
I like how you dont want to cause any problems but in your last three posts you've used Chucks name. Just something i noticed.

Charles

Reaction score
I was hoping to prompt you to state an actual problem with the truck. Since my attempt we now know that you see smoke when you think you shouldn't. That.... would be an actual problem. Up to the post where you stated to have been becoming pissed at the truck, you had stated ZERO actual problems.... At that point you simply had a little oil in a sensor receptacle and were seemingly miffed that the truck had the audacity to run just fine and not allow you a way to fix a problem that you seemingly could not actually define at the time.

Now it would appear you have smoke. If you keep actual data coming these guys can help you. It isn't that you "just know" when you're truck is running wrong.... you had freakin smoke to tell you, you just didn't bother to tell US...

lol.

List the symptoms. Should have been in the first post.

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Thanks Charles I took it as you were being a smartass I do apologize! The truck is still smoking but it runs pretty good. This is my first powerstroke I have drove cummins since I was 16 so it may not be exactly right? Sorry for not being on here for the past day or so we have had three fires within a mile of our brand spankin new house and I am not gonna leave and let it burn up. The wife and kids have been at her grandmas while ive been here keepin the place from burning up!:fustrate: It has been really crazy today as the fires have been really widespread. Burnt over 600 acres today and I know of atleast 6 houses that have been burnt today. We need some rain BAD!! Sorry for the rant just been a little crazy around here!!!!

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
oh that explains it.. he was a cummins guy.. :doh:
My family owns a ranch and my grandpa and dad are die hard cummins! I grew up only knowing about cummins engines. After I got out on my own I got tired of all the damn breaking down, In three years I put almost 13 thousand into my old truck. I will NEVER own another dodge!:hammer:

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
Ok got another question for you guys. I was under the truck last night and found out my rear diff. is leaking out the pinion seal. Can you just sleeve it or am I gonna have to put a new pinion seal in? Also is there not a way to check the oil in the diff besides taking the pan off? I took a sensor thats on the top of the pumpkin and looked down in there but couldnt tell exactly how much was in there.

cj45lc

Reaction score
Ok got another question for you guys. I was under the truck last night and found out my rear diff. is leaking out the pinion seal. Can you just sleeve it or am I gonna have to put a new pinion seal in? Also is there not a way to check the oil in the diff besides taking the pan off? I took a sensor thats on the top of the pumpkin and looked down in there but couldnt tell exactly how much was in there.

New pinion seal. The plug for the diff is on the driver side front of the pumkin & takes a 3/8 square drive (ratchet or breaker bar). Just fill it to bottom of plug hole & make sure the vent hose on the diff is not plugged up with crud.

Latest posts

Members online