Anybody replace their HPOP hoses with this?

bruce

Reaction score
I think you should take hrt's advice. You strip out of the threads in the hpop changing fitting that were perfectly fine, or they start leaking after you change them, you'll wished you had never touched it.

hucorey

Reaction score
Just so you know, if you dont have a very good connection with a hydraulic shop and you get the hose too short or too long. The crimp fittings and hose is now garbage. There are a 1 time use. Meaning you cannot take them off and use on another hose.

Also, the 90* crimp fitting usually runs around $18-25 retail. One mistake in sizing and your going to loose money.

m j

Reaction score
Ok, sounds like threadlock will be out. What fittings will I need?
Is below correct:

for the pump side -6ORB to -5JIC straight coupler - quantity 2
for the head side -5ORB to -5JIC straight coupler - 1 quantity of 90 degrees and 1 quantity of straight?

Then two hoses that have -5 hoses that have 90 degree on one end and straight on the other?

by my recollection...

the factory OBS uses
one 90° -06ORB to -06JIC and one straight -06ORB to -06JIC at the pump
each head gets a 90° -05ORB to -06JIC

I dont recall buying any fittings when I did my hardlines and I only had -06 lines and tube nuts.
it was not a planned modification, I was doing my fuel lines and while I was playing with the bender in there it sorta made sense to try them.

bruce

Reaction score
I don't know if its from crappy materials or the heat from being in an enclosed compartment or what but crossover tubes in a 3126 cats rupture all the time in the equipment I work on.

hucorey

Reaction score
I don't know if its from crappy materials or the heat from being in an enclosed compartment or what but crossover tubes in a 3126 cats rupture all the time in the equipment I work on.
Vibration. I like to run tubing because of a much cleaner look, but in certain applications you just have to use hose.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If the factory hoses served you so well? Why are you racking your brain for a upgrade? Just replace with whats there. Nothing wrong with it.

njjeep

Reaction score
I agree with hrt, if it ain't broke don't fix it my factory hoses have been on and off my engine 5 times and my truck is an 01 and they have never leaked. Save your money for stuff that is actually broken or upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online