Anyone else lose this too??

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Got another little problem...anyone else have their keyless entry deal on their keychain go bad? I just thought I needed a new battery but I have tried 2 different times with new batteries to no prevail. Just didnt know if anyone else has had thiers go bad too and how expensive they are to get replaced. It sucks manually locking my doors all the time.

Have you tried resetting it? Look in the owners manual and it'll give you a sequence to punch in on the fob. Hope that helps, I know the feeling.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I bought a replacement box+ tailgate for the 01 and it's missing the plastic. My 08 with tailgate step is fine...

Humphrey99

Reaction score
Lost my tailgate cover last night while loading my dirtbike. I see so many SD's without them. As well as these trucks are made, I can't believe this has been a problem for so many years (my dad's had 3 SD's '01 '05 '10 and his have all fallen off). These trucks are made for work yet this this piece is weak at the work end of the truck. I know it's just cosmetic, but seems like it could be better. The one on my '98 F150 w/180k I traded still had it and seemed to be holding well.

Anyway, I was going to just put some screws in it, but I like the two sided molding tape idea someone had here. I think I'll try that first.

upd103

Reaction score
After I lost mine, I secured the new one with three small black self tapping screws. You would never notice them unless you're looking for them. Short of it cracking severely, I shouldn't have to ever worry about it coming off again.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
I bought a new tailgate cap for mine from Ford. That was $80.

As for the remote, you can reprogram it to the truck yourself for free. Or get a new remote and have the dealer reprogram it. They reprogrammed mine for free and the remote was like $65

Jarrod B

Reaction score
The internals are different. So if you have a non step tailgate, you can't do the swap since the internal shell doesn't allow it to fit at all.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Just replaced mine as well. There are actually 4 push pins that hold it on. They mount under the tail gate plate the screws on. Remove the torq screws on the plate and push the pins in. ford part # W712270-S3ZHE You need 4 and they list for $1.00 each. I had to find the part myself, the parts guy didnt know about it and I consider them good as well. They did have to order them in but had the top piece in stock. Seems they would stock both and sell them together.

Members online

No members online now.