Anyone run KEM "DPF ON" tunes?

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
Think about it for a second....pulling up next to a completely stock appearing 2012 and watching him blow the doors off someone stoplight to stoplight, dare i say sleeper?

cw96stroker

Reaction score
At least i stand a little better chance talking him into getting these tunes because we won't have to mess wit pulling the dpf off or worry about not passing inspection an stuff. He likes to stay stock he doesnt care about performance unfortunately, but he is still really impressed with how his 6.4 will move as fast as it does with being thar heavy LOL But if i can convince him that he can pick up at least a couple mpg maybe he will go for it, will be awesome..... especially when i get to drive:D

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
At least i stand a little better chance talking him into getting these tunes because we won't have to mess wit pulling the dpf off or worry about not passing inspection an stuff. He likes to stay stock he doesnt care about performance unfortunately, but he is still really impressed with how his 6.4 will move as fast as it does with being thar heavy LOL But if i can convince him that he can pick up at least a couple mpg maybe he will go for it, will be awesome..... especially when i get to drive:D

exactlyyy. other than my dad hops in my 6.4 any time I'm not in the drivers seat cause he loves the powa. LOL but mike said well love it.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
exactlyyy. other than my dad hops in my 6.4 any time I'm not in the drivers seat cause he loves the powa. LOL but mike said well love it.

LOL thats funny. Ya I will have to work on talking him into it, in the mean time I need to get a KEM tune on the 6.4 because the H&S 250 I have on there now is waayyy to smoky for my likings, but I love the power it puts out, it hauls butt for an ugly, heavy, work truck:D

cw96stroker

Reaction score
KEM 345 FTW

Our 6.4 is completely stock except for dpf is gone, and we pull heavy trailers frequently with it, just drive with sense and not hammer down and tear stuff up, but will the 345 do good with a trailer behind it? Have the H&S xrt so we just stick it in one tune and leave it, and dont have any guages:slap:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
I would get the KEM 210 to tow in.. or maybe the 250 if it's not too heavy. I've towed a trailer with several fourwheelers on the 345 and it was fine. I get skeered when I pull heavy loads though and go to the 210 or 250. I run a XRT also. but with a dashdaq :toast:

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I would get the KEM 210 to tow in.. or maybe the 250 if it's not too heavy. I've towed a trailer with several fourwheelers on the 345 and it was fine. I get skeered when I pull heavy loads though and go to the 210 or 250. I run a XRT also. but with a dashdaq :toast:

Ya I would rather be on the safe side, and it will still have plenty of power for us. And I am thinking it may feel a little stouter as well without the smoke, but the smoke is the main reason I want another tune, it sees a lot of interstate time too, and even not pulling a trailer it hazes pretty much all the time, and trying to pass someone without clouding up 4 lanes of traffic is a bit of a challenge at times.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
we have not yet. sorry for the delay guys. he's been playing around with some tax return stuff before he buys it. it'll be soon though. I'll let you know ASAP

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Ok its cool man, ya and of course there will be no use in checking mileage the first couple of tanks, due to the fact that your foot will probably be stuck to the floor board LOL to test out all the tunes and make sure that everything is working properly of course..

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Lol that's funny. My dad isnt usually a lead foot but he does get on it every now and again. Well cool just let us know how it goes when you get'em.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
FINALLY-just got our Mini maxx and green card installed on a shop truck. so far I am really impressed. just test drove it. more power than the DPF on H&S and firmer, crisper shifts that I'm sure will smooth out with driving. loading the race tune now and gonna drive it like that for a few days. I'll
chime back in on mileage and what not sometime tmrw. so far I love it.

Eric

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.