Anyone running precision turbo?

NMSVT

Reaction score
Yes I do have a Midwest trans. It's been great too. Stock injectors in mine. I started with a precision 6466, which was probably well over 600. I thought that would be good enough when I started, but I soon yearned for more. Ended up having Midwest put the 6870 on it and didn't really lose any spool, and it really woke the truck up. I had been sled pulling locally, and was always 3rd place or so it seemed. With the 6870 it's rare if I don't win. If I don't win it's always against a really hot truck that's trailered in. Mine is a daily driven work truck.

Thats a true winner you got there! Daily driver and still sled pulling :ford:
Whats your elevation?

50_shooter

Reaction score
650ft. That's a good question though because I've never had my truck at any high elevation to see how it acts.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I'm more interested in that lightening with a 76mm Precision. But anyway yeah way too big for your needs unless you drop serious coin to hold it together. I'd go Streetmax route and pump route. I've run both a 6466 and 6870 on my truck and they run awesome. A 6466 would be good on stock fuel and 6870 could but you wouldn't be efficient as the 6466.

Here's my 6870 for reference...

http://youtu.be/nUSSFxBpeSI

Sent from my Galaxy S7

NMSVT

Reaction score
650ft. That's a good question though because I've never had my truck at any high elevation to see how it acts.

Well believe it wouldn't act like it does now at your 650ft lol elevation is a bitch no matter what setup you have.

NMSVT

Reaction score
I'm more interested in that lightening with a 76mm Precision. But anyway yeah way too big for your needs unless you drop serious coin to hold it together. I'd go Streetmax route and pump route. I've run both a 6466 and 6870 on my truck and they run awesome. A 6466 would be good on stock fuel and 6870 could but you wouldn't be efficient as the 6466.

Here's my 6870 for reference...

http://youtu.be/nUSSFxBpeSI

Sent from my Galaxy S7

1st of all HOLY SH*T! :bowfast:
That is truly bad ass! nice rig!! That turbo is a beast!!
:thumbsup:

My Lightning is fun that's for sure but the elevation sucks and especially trying to get a turbo setup dialed in sucks. My truck makes power but is laggy as a SOB. Tuning is spot on that's for sure and I'm running MMR stage 3 turbo cams. There's different ways guys go to turbo these things but there's a select few that only do.. why? Because sometimes they don't perform as expected. Many instead choose the proven path of doing a cookie cutter build as we refer to which consists of slapping on a twin screw blower and just go!! My truck has a built engine and supporting mods which include full fuel system and suspension mods as well. The heads are ported and have oversized valves as well. The trans (4r100) has been rebuilt but nothing major and the torque converter is a nice Pro Torque billet unit. I also have a progressive nitrous setup that I have not used but it's there ready. With that said, I just recently took everything off and am in the process of going back to a blower. It's better for me as I like to drag on the street and you can't beat the instant power of a blower and the whine which I miss dearly.. you cant beat the top end of a turbo though... When it spools... Hold on it just pulls good! On the highway its an animal.

Back to diesel stuff, I'm in talks now of getting a built RCD competition trans for my 6.7 and a 363sxe turbo kit. Hopefully I'll have a deal worked up this week. I'm gonna be broke now :redspotdance:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
RCD builds 6R140s?... sure you don't mean a Midwest Diesel Comp trans? A 63 should be fine at altitude.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

NMSVT

Reaction score
RCD builds 6R140s?... sure you don't mean a Midwest Diesel Comp trans? A 63 should be fine at altitude.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

Yes your absolutely right sorry was up last night when thinking. Midwest Diesel. On a stock 11-14 pump, what power do you think it can put down with that turbo?

Last edited:

NMSVT

Reaction score
Go midwest for the trans-no questions....

10-4 I hear nothing but great things about them. My current trans is working perfect but with added power you never know they will react... Piece of mind!

sootie

Reaction score
Yes your absolutely right sorry was late last night when thinking. Midwest Diesel. On a stock 11-14 pump, what power do you think it can put down with that turbo?

fuel is tapped under 500

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I'd guess mid 500s give or take some. With a comp trans and traction bars you'd have a great DD / Tow pig.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks. How hard is it to swap the pump? Theres probably a thread about this already i gonna have to search up.

not awful. I refuse to do them cab on anymore. With the cab up its less than an hours work.

NMSVT

Reaction score
I'd guess mid 500s give or take some. With a comp trans and traction bars you'd have a great DD / Tow pig.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

You read my mind that would be next a set of traction bars. That would be perfect for me and later switch to a 15+ pump.

I took my truck down to a dyno day they where having just for fun and it put down a whopping 363/768. Thats on h&s canned tune and just a 5in no limit intake and 5in straight pipe. No other mods. Does that sound about right? I was honestly expecting more. The dyno operator i dont believe had much experience with diesels if that matters, he kept it in a high gear and likely out for the trucks power band. I know the little turbos on the 11-14 suck up top so maybe that contributed to it.

NMSVT

Reaction score
not awful. I refuse to do them cab on anymore. With the cab up its less than an hours work.

I would imagine cab off way easier. Lucky for you that you have access to a lift unfortunately i do not :(

sootie

Reaction score
You read my mind that would be next a set of traction bars. That would be perfect for me and later switch to a 15+ pump.

I took my truck down to a dyno day they where having just for fun and it put down a whopping 363/768. Thats on h&s canned tune and just a 5in no limit intake and 5in straight pipe. No other mods. Does that sound about right? I was honestly expecting more. The dyno operator i dont believe had much experience with diesels if that matters, he kept it in a high gear and likely out for the trucks power band. I know the little turbos on the 11-14 suck up top so maybe that contributed to it.

That sounds about right. high gear would actually be better on these trucks because of load.

NMSVT

Reaction score
That sounds about right. high gear would actually be better on these trucks because of load.

Ok good to know. Funny thing is a stock 2015 cheby put down the same power that day stock! :lookaround: