Are 6.0's really that bad?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I don't care what people say... I love my 6.0! Bought a aftermarket warranty when I bought mine and it helps pay for upgrades when something does fail!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Where are you from in PA?

He's from Everett.

I'm also looking into getting a 6.0 Manual to use as a plow truck/beater rig. I think a light tune, egr delete, coolant filter and I'll be done. I don't even plan on studding it.

As far as power, it's been proven. Stock 6.0s make more than tuned 7.3s lol.

yeehaw

Reaction score
mines still not studded and EGR still in place, factory oil cooler as well. I run the dog piss out of it every single day on the SRL tune. I love it

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Studs delete and good tunes have been covered. That said....

Id buy one. Just not to tow heavy on a daily basis.
Very powerful and good transmissions, you can stud and delete for less than $600 if you can tig.
I know I know.... Blasphemy!

Just do your research.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
He's from Everett.

I'm also looking into getting a 6.0 Manual to use as a plow truck/beater rig. I think a light tune, egr delete, coolant filter and I'll be done. I don't even plan on studding it.

As far as power, it's been proven. Stock 6.0s make more than tuned 7.3s lol.

perfect..... that way then it can double as a de-icer....

bboteler

Reaction score
I have one and would buy another. With proper things deleted and added you can have a beast of a truck at a fraction of the cost of the 6.4, 6.7's and even the older 7.3's.

pennsylvaniaboy

Reaction score
Yeh I tow 12-14k, and it would be a dd, unless i get a little beater car. So it wont be beat on too bad...And the autos seem decent, compared to the 4r100

imelmo

Reaction score
Mine was a base model 2wd but I only paid $6k for it with like 110,000 miles on it. Runs like a top; no issues so far. :D Doees need studs now but that's what I bought my lift for. :D

bboteler

Reaction score
Some guys prefer a built 4r but I'm very happy with my 5r does great as a dd and when working.

mandkole

Reaction score
Ive 6.0 shopped for awhile (only because I don't have money yet..) have found some very nice, loaded, lower mile 4wd trucks for less than $15K. One with a light FICM tune will make more power then my OBS and be a huge cosmetic upgrade. Cant wait...

bboteler

Reaction score
True some run years with no issues. Some blow up quick. It's a gamble but maintained and not beat on they can run forever esp once studded.

Latest posts

Members online