Are 6.0's really that bad?

lawnguy

Reaction score
I have a few 6.0s and 7.3s. The 7.3's are stock and the 6.0s range from stock to built for pulling and am working on a ground up 6.0 puller build this winter. Great trucks if you take care of em. Plenty of power and the 5r110 trans is a great trans. I plow with mine and pull a 5 ton skid loader trailer with no problems. I'm also in SE Pa if you get one and need any work done. Good luck with the search!

Big monk

Reaction score
For a long time I was a die hard 7.3 owner, but I kept having problem after problem with it. Costing me a couple grand each time it puked on me, stranded me a couple times. I had buddies who had 6.0s and I was skeptical after seeing all the problems with the 03-04s. Finally got tired of the old 02 7.3 and found an 07 already studded and everything i wanted on it. I've had it almost a year and wouldn't ever considering on going back to the 7.3. Never had a problem with it. It is a tempermental engine but once you get familiar with it, they're easy to get around. Best truck I've had, pulls my 10k stock trailer with no problems. Buy it, delete and studs, tune...and drive the piss out of it!

560puller

Reaction score
Bunch of PA guys around if you need help. I have 2 friends with newer 7.3's that wish they bought a 6.0 after being in mine. Take care of it and it will last.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online