ARP studs stretching?

JGman141

Reaction score
The arp 625s have roughly 40000 psi more tensile strength per stud over normal arp 2000s.

Mdub707

Reaction score
And how is that? Do you have to go to every post I make and say something negative? I have no idea who you are and yet this is like the third time you have said something to me because you don't like something? If I'm so wrong and ignorant then why don't you educate me in why I'm ignorant? You don't have to be a douche. That will get you nowhere in life and makes you ignorant.

He sells/distributes the extreme H13 studs... just FYI.

You said all studs are the same, they are not. They are not just selling higher costing studs to make more money. A higher tensile strength WILL reduce the risk of lifting the heads, it's pretty basic math. Now, not EVERYONE will need that extra benefit, but for the cost difference of the extremes over the ARP's, I'd probably go with the extremes. The older A1 H11's were quite a bit more than the ARP's so for me it wasn't worth the added cost.

The arp 625s have roughly 40000 psi more tensile strength per stud over normal arp 2000s.

Correct, and also worth mentioning they require a much higher torque value too, I think it was somewhere around 275 ft/lbs, but don't quote me on that. Might even be a hair higher. I can't recall now. Again, are they really needed for the application? I believe they run close to $1500 as well.

scparrish

Reaction score
Here are the tensile strengths of the common studs:

ARP 2000 studs - 220k
Extreme studs - 240k
H11 studs - 240k minimum (so we will call it 240k)
ARP 625 studs - 260k

Here are the torque values:

ARP 2000 studs - 225 ft/lbs
Extreme Studs - 185 ft/lbs
h11 - 175 ft/lbs
ARP 625 - 265 ft/lbs

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
And how is that? Do you have to go to every post I make and say something negative? I have no idea who you are and yet this is like the third time you have said something to me because you don't like something? If I'm so wrong and ignorant then why don't you educate me in why I'm ignorant? You don't have to be a douche. That will get you nowhere in life and makes you ignorant.

You seem To be pretty certain about things you obviously know very little about.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure. Do you just feel the need to try and start crap with people? Is that what you do in your free time?

If you mean calling people out for saying outrageously stupid stuff , hell yes. If I were you , and you like it here , I would let your grievance die.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm the forum retard, so everyone says, and even I know there's a huge difference in what headstuds made of different materials will do.

Bigred91

Reaction score
I just said my opinion. If you don't like it then that's fine. Sure there's probably a difference but I feel that arps will work up to 1000 hp. I I'm wrong then go ahead and tell me I'm wrong. But if your gonna do that then give me an explanation. I haven't been at this long and I still learn everyday. I feel like I've learned a good bit but I still think I don't know anywhere near what I need to know about these motors and everything we do to them. I'm still learning. And sorry if I was being ignorant but you didn't have to be an ass about it. You can just tell me why I was wrong. Everyone has to start somewhere like I'm sure you did. You didn't always know everything you do now, and probably still have more to learn. There's always something new to learn. I never tried to start anything, you were the one that came and started this. And you have said stuff to me in other threads about crap that didn't matter and you made a big deal about it. So it seems you have some stuff to work on too. But yes I do like it here and hope to stay. Everyone here is awesome and seem to be a great group of guys to be in. So sorry for whatever I did and I hope to learn more from everyone here because this is what I love doing. I love coming to work everyday and working on theses trucks and learning about them. So if you have more to teach me then by all means I would love for you too

ford rules

Reaction score
If your not sure about something dont go stating your opinion about what you think. Just sit back and read the thread and learn, if you know something and are positive about it then go ahead and post up.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If your not sure about something dont go stating your opinion about what you think. Just sit back and read the thread and learn, if you know something and are positive about it then go ahead and post up.

exactly. thank you.

Stroked777

Reaction score
To add to this, taking it very easy on the "go pedal" until everything is at full operating temp helps tremendously as well.

People look at me weird when I walk out if work 5-10 mins before the punch out at 3 to go start my truck, even now in the summer. I have to merge on a highway leaving work and usually have to floor it. That's the last thing I wanna do when I just start the truck. Now in the summer the coolant usually gets to 180 before I get back in. I always let my truck hit 195 before I beat on it. If I have to leave so where fast I let it run for a minute to make sure oil gets to everything and then I still drive it like a granny for a while

swinky

Reaction score
I lost head gaskets after 10 months with arps and machined heads with oem gaskets. May go with extreme studs next time round.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Had a guy quit at the dealer this week so I was busy pretty much all week and didn't get a chance to hook up the ids to my truck. I did manage to locate another set of heads and purchased another set of oem headgaskets. I'll probably swap the arps out for the extreme studs from bigrpowr. Swinky did you already replace the gaskets? Just wondering if you verified the heads werent cracked, do they only crack between the 2 exhaust valves and glowplug hole?

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Had a guy quit at the dealer this week so I was busy pretty much all week and didn't get a chance to hook up the ids to my truck. I did manage to locate another set of heads and purchased another set of oem headgaskets. I'll probably swap the arps out for the extreme studs from bigrpowr. Swinky did you already replace the gaskets? Just wondering if you verified the heads werent cracked, do they only crack between the 2 exhaust valves and glowplug hole?

nope, waiting for the funds and the time off work

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I lost head gaskets after 10 months with arps and machined heads with oem gaskets. May go with extreme studs next time round.

Unless they were purchased used or over-torqued, I wouldn't assume that the studs are the problem. You should look at the BLOCK side of the head gaskets very closely when you get it apart. If it looks like the leak was on the block side, you may need to have the deck of the block resurfaced (which becomes an involved process) to ever get a reliable seal. We see probably about 20% of the 6.0L head gasket jobs we do needing block work.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

swinky

Reaction score
Blocks probably trashed then. 225k on it and second time with blown head gaskets.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online