ARP studs stretching?

Reaction score
I just pulled apart an 04 with 300k miles. One head cracked after it plugged the 5th oil cooler Ford had installed. Never did a coolant flush or installed a filter. Truck had ARPs with OE gaskets. Water jackets were full of rust and other junk. Tore it completely down, had the block fully cleaned, new bearings, new rings, new lifters. Block was still nice and flat.

swinky

Reaction score
How does a plugged oil cooler affect a studded truck? As far as puking goes?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
My coolant temps go up insanely fast on a wide open run and it seems like blown head gaskets don't normally do that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Ran some pids today, at wot my readings were eot 206*F, ect 212*F, mgp 34.7psi, and ebp 52.3psi. I was sort of hoping to here the arps were stretching when I posted because I personally haven't come across warped blocks or cracked heads, other than fuel in coolant conditions. My pockets aren't deep enough to get a block cut right now. And if the heads crack so easily I'm hesitant to add any more power as I had planned to.

seeemmiss

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
but you are ignorant.

Well I don't have 9,000 post but I did notice several people doubted that the ARP head studs were the problem. Please educate us all and show us some "stretched" ARP head studs off of a 500 hp 6.0. Or any stretched head studs you have personally had in your hand for that matter. I will be sitting quietly reading and learning as someone suggested us new guys do.

Strokin89

Reaction score
Can't we all just get along?

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

Reaction score
Well I don't have 9,000 post but I did notice several people doubted that the ARP head studs were the problem. Please educate us all and show us some "stretched" ARP head studs off of a 500 hp 6.0. Or any stretched head studs you have personally had in your hand for that matter. I will be sitting quietly reading and learning as someone suggested us new guys do.

I'm over 500 on stock head bolts...

Back to the cracked heads, most of them I've seen put crazy pressure into the cooling system. Like idles for five minutes and then blows the cap off in your hand when you start to take it off.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm over 500 on stock head bolts...

Back to the cracked heads, most of them I've seen put crazy pressure into the cooling system. Like idles for five minutes and then blows the cap off in your hand when you start to take it off.
Mine only pukes wide open

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
And how is that? Do you have to go to every post I make and say something negative? I have no idea who you are and yet this is like the third time you have said something to me because you don't like something? If I'm so wrong and ignorant then why don't you educate me in why I'm ignorant? You don't have to be a douche. That will get you nowhere in life and makes you ignorant.
bigr calls it how he see's it... might want to do some research on stuff before spouting off.. look up no limit fabrication, project godzilla, ex owner of another unmentionable site, oh and part owner of this site!! they will all be linked to one guy... guess who that would be?

live life full throttle

Last edited:

Bigred91

Reaction score
bigr calls it how he see's it... might want to do some research on stuff before spouting off.. look up no limit fabrication, project godzilla, ex owner of another unmentionable site, oh and part owner of this site!! they will all be linked to one guy... guess who that would be?

live life full throttle

I know who he is now. I still have my opinion.

Last edited:

Bronco Guy

Reaction score
I'm new around here but out of all the head gaskets blown I have seen none with ARPs bolted down.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
Yeah I know what your saying bronco, like I said the only 3 I seen go bad after studs were 2 victor reinz and mine. Went to the track tonight, they kicked me off the track for coolant everywhere. But here is my slip.

Attachments

• 12.48 timeslip.jpg
    12.48 timeslip.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Members online