Ats turbos

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I know a lot of guys run Irates t4 kit and usually the s series turbos, but I was wondering why I havent seen very many guys running there turbo, the aurora series. Ive seen them on a lot of Cummins around Colorado. I was just wondering why I havent seen them on very many powerstrokes. I was thinking of trying one on my truck but thought id do some research first. Ive installed there mounting kits before but people usually have other turbos they usually use other turbos. I know there kits are a little pcostly but I get can get it at jobber pricing and it works out to close to Irates kit and s366

under pressure

Reaction score
Well, there Based in CO. and make bolt on Cummins turbos, seems everything else is custom application, and a little pricy imo.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
If I remember reading right isn't the 3000 just a s300 series, and the 5500 is a k31 based turbo? I'll have to look again to see but I think the ats turbos were the ones that are just borg warner frames.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
From what I learned from guys with the auroras there the same as most s-series center section they just put there purple paint. Price isnt really an issue as my price on a turbo with t4 mount setups a little less then Irates and I wont have to pay for shipping. Id be running pretty much a 4000 with a 3000 cover til after this next pulling season. This way I can still pull work stock here and I will have room to grow when I step up in class. Im hoping to put 250/100s in it at the same time

under pressure

Reaction score
The 3000 makes more torque than the 4000/5000 tested on the same application, however the 4000 and 5000 made roughly 50 hp more on the same test vehicle. Must have been a lot of extra fuel up top in that shoot out. I just read it today. Were looking at putting the 3000 on my buddies 5.9

under pressure

Reaction score
The Aurora 5500 clipped 2.6 sounds interesting.
T4, 66mm.....90ar......... Extremely pricy

looks like a purple S366 ?

DocBar

Reaction score
I had a $5,000 ATS tranny that didn't live for 10,000 miles at 500rwhp. ATS said EFF YOU on any kind of warranty. EFF them. I'll never own anything else that says ATS on it.

under pressure

Reaction score
My buddy had that happen after one year, he sent it back, 3 months later they replaced it. I see now they have a 5 yr, 50k mile warranty and there a little cheaper.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
The 5000 clipped to a 2.6 in a cummins works good. My buddy has one on his pull truck and found thay worked better then hos 3.0 charger he pulled with the previous season.
Ive seen a few dyno sheets from where theyve just changed the turbo setup amd I was impressed with numbers. Ive also seen trucks pull higher numbers on there dyno then theyve ever had and didnt switch anything but dynos

Bigsexy

Reaction score
If you end up ordering anything from ats talk to Allen. He knows his chit and has proved ot with his own cummons

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Thats was almost 4yrs ago and know for a fact both owners do not have a problem with one another. They were both at truckfest weekend here and didnt seem to have any problem with one another. Im not getting into the bs of ats as they have made some major changes including there turbos and transmission. Every company has there good and bad. Im not saying the the nest company out there. All I wanted to know is if anyones ran one or one they dont

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Thats was almost 4yrs ago and know for a fact both owners do not have a problem with one another. They were both at truckfest weekend here and didnt seem to have any problem with one another. Im not getting into the bs of ats as they have made some major changes including there turbos and transmission. Every company has there good and bad. Im not saying the the nest company out there. All I wanted to know is if anyones ran one or one they dont
Why would u want to seriously overpay for a charger? Is it because it's purple n Kool? Hell ill buy an s366 n spray paint it purple after I grind off the original manufacturers badging n sell it to you for 4k$? ***ing purple power pussies(rant over). I'm out

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Why would u want to seriously overpay for a charger? Is it because it's purple n Kool? Hell ill buy an s366 n spray paint it purple after I grind off the original manufacturers badging n sell it to you for 4k$? ***ing purple power pussies(rant over). I'm out

That's exactly how it goes down at the palace.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
First of all I wouldnt have to pay anymore for there turbo and kit then I would for irates. Second what elite have to offer me? You show me something I can run at a decent price and still be able to run in work stock with a 2.3 inducer. Pm me or text me with what you have

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
First of all I wouldnt have to pay anymore for there turbo and kit then I would for irates. Second what elite have to offer me? You show me something I can run at a decent price and still be able to run in work stock with a 2.3 inducer. Pm me or text me with what you have

Anthony n i dont work for elite..... But I wouldn't spend money with Clint to save his ass

smoker00

Reaction score
To the OP your not going to find to many people over here. That are going to talk good about there products. Im not talk $hit about any good or bad. I would suggest run a s467 and a SS Mount there super tuff . and cheep up graded. Bigger..

Latest posts

Members online