ATTENTION: ANYONE WITH 420s!!

matt92idi

Reaction score
This escalated!

It is weird tho...you being the only one having problems with these tires that aren't made for our trucks

This is the reason why I'm posting. No one else seems to be having any trouble out of these tires and iv managed to mess up 3. Manufacture defect or my own doing why am I the only person? Or maybe I'm the only one who has come out and said something. Im tired of my mavericks so i might try a 10 wide and toyo or lexani

matt92idi

Reaction score
So after looking into some other tires iv noticed that most have the same or less amount of max load rating? Some of them are even as low as 2600 lbs. Why would a 420 not be safe to run on my truck if most guys are running tires with less of a max load rating than a 420?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So after looking into some other tires iv noticed that most have the same or less amount of max load rating? Some of them are even as low as 2600 lbs. Why would a 420 not be safe to run on my truck if most guys are running tires with less of a max load rating than a 420?

bad luck on your part. just try a different tire and be done with it. your experience is just isnt normal, not even close.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
This is the reason why I'm posting. No one else seems to be having any trouble out of these tires and iv managed to mess up 3. Manufacture defect or my own doing why am I the only person? Or maybe I'm the only one who has come out and said something. Im tired of my mavericks so i might try a 10 wide and toyo or lexani

I highly doubt that you are the only one. You are just the only one posting up your issues. :poke:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Most people that run over something just suck it up and don't post about it all over a website. I started running tires like this back in 04 when I first dropped my black truck....200K+ miles and it's still on the road today on similar "car" tires. I never even had a flat and used the truck to tow all over the country. Not a single thing the OP has posted has been a tire defect.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Im over the tire genius. Im asking why i tire with a 2600 pound max load rating is safe for my truck when a tire with the 3086 rating isn't safe?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
By the specs, it's not. That's why most tire shops won't mount them anymore. I used to get to Discount Tire every couple of months and have new rear tires mounted and installed...they won't even sell you the tire anymore if they know what you wanna put it on.
That doesn't mean the tire can't do the job. There's safety margins built into everything. It's on you if you wanna gamble.
They're not just looking at load rating. They look at load index now too. Discount now claims a Toyo MT 33x12.50x22 can't be put on my truck because the index is too low even though it's load range is fine.

matt92idi

Reaction score
By the specs, it's not. That's why most tire shops won't mount them anymore. I used to get to Discount Tire every couple of months and have new rear tires mounted and installed...they won't even sell you the tire anymore if they know what you wanna put it on.
That doesn't mean the tire can't do the job. There's safety margins built into everything. It's on you if you wanna gamble.
They're not just looking at load rating. They look at load index now too. Discount now claims a Toyo MT 33x12.50x22 can't be put on my truck because the index is too low even though it's load range is fine.

Im not even talking about 420s anymore. Im talking about other mud tires with a lower max rating than a 420 that shops don't even question. I feel like if i take my truck into any tire shop and say I want some cooper stt in a 33x12.50r20 with a max load rating of 2600 and they wouldnt ask a single question but if I say i want a 420s in a 305/50r20 they look at me like i have 4 heads even though they have a heavier max load rating.
Just doesn't make sense to me.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
They won't mount either...that's why I mentioned my Toyo MT's. Discount won't touch the 33's on our trucks

Latest posts

Members online