Auto to zf6 swap.

txltr450

Reaction score
I did the 6 speed swap on a 2001 crew cab short bed and there was no driveshaft modification needed. I kept the automatic wiring harness and PCM and had to do some minor wiring to make everything work. I had Gearhead write tunes for a 6 speed and that took care of all of the CELs resulting from sensors that are now missing from the automatic. Just capped off all of these wires. For the 4low, there is a wire that goes to ground when the auto is in neutral. This allows 4low to be engaged with the ESOF. It just needs to go to ground and you will have 4low. I was concerned about one of the kids turning the ESOF switch to 4low accidentally while running down the highway. I ran this wire to a normally open momentary push button. Then the other side of the switch to ground. Now I just hold the button in and switch to 4low. If the button is not held in, no 4low. I cannot remember what color the wire is. I am at the fire station today, but can check when I get home tomorrow morning. As far as cruise control, I believe I had to jump 2 wires together on the wiring harness that plugs into the PCM. Again, I do not remember the colors. I have all of this info in a file at home and can check tomorrow.

yotaneck13

Reaction score
That would be awsome. Although I'm still trying to find a manual with esof harness.

Sent from my shop, hiding from my ole' lady.

Latest posts

Members online