Auxiliary Fuel Tank Options

RedRice589

Reaction score
I did got that ninja post lol didn't see it thanks. Oh well. Maybe a 50 gal Titan in the near future along with my 60 gal. What about a tank from a cclb? 2011+?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I did got that ninja post lol didn't see it thanks. Oh well. Maybe a 50 gal Titan in the near future along with my 60 gal. What about a tank from a cclb? 2011+?

All good. A long bed tank won't fit the strap locations. I'm also not sure how close the transfer case would be. The Titan is the way to go for sure

Reaction score
We sell the titans as well. I had one in my last dually. Now that Titan makes the in bed poly tank I will be doing that from now on. I trade trucks way too often, and the dealer doesn't care what tanks in it so I lose out. For someone who keeps their truck the stock location tank is really nice. Don't loose any bed space with the under bed tank. Titan makes very quality stuff and you can't go wrong IMO.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i run a 50 gallon aux tank in the bed of my truck, went ot vatozone and got a mr gasket small diesel pump. made for diesel fuel. hooked it up to the #4 upfitter switch and let it run for 5-10 mins at a time. works great and allows me to run nearly a thousand miles between fill ups.

Where did you plumb the hose into? On my dually I just teed it into the vent tube on the filler neck... I might do the same on the 6.7 but wondered if theres a better spot? I have a 90gal L tank and I used a old 7.3 sd fuel pump on a toggle switch to fill the main tank up...

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've been really considering a transfer flow combo tank. How big of a hole needs to be cut out of the bed? That's my only concern.

i havent plummed mine in, (hopefully today) but i think there is a grommet at the front of the bed you could just pop out and run the wiring and hoses thru. i would say tho if you were going to drill the hole would need to be about 1 inch or so, there is a vent hose, wires and a 3/8 fuel line that all need to go thru

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I look at it like this, you add a 55 gallon Titan tank to your truck while you own it as a upgrade. A upgrade that makes perfect sense and doesn't void or alter factory form or function. You use it for a couple years, enjoy the benefits. Come time to sell the truck, you leave the tank in and list it as a added feature. It's not a cosmetic change. It's not a warranty voiding change either, but it is one that should have been factory and people of all age ranges and truck use interests will appreciate it. I bet you will get your money back out of it that way and I would put money on ot not taking away from the value of the pickup come sale time.

How's that for a sales pitch? Lol. It's a great investment and being that you have a short box truck, you really can't sacrifice the room a transfer tank would eat up.

every bit of this

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the grommet idea did not work, my truck has a bed liner and it made the grommet impossibly to unstick from the bed so i drilled a couple 5/8 holes for the harness and the hose to fill the tank.

So far im about 75 percent done with the install. My tank came out of a 2003 truck and im not sure the controler will work with the signal from the tank, so i havent tapped into the fuel sending unit wires yet untill i find out, otherwise i might just hook the pump up to an upfitter switch untill i know it works for sure

Super08Duty

Reaction score
i havent plummed mine in, (hopefully today) but i think there is a grommet at the front of the bed you could just pop out and run the wiring and hoses thru. i would say tho if you were going to drill the hole would need to be about 1 inch or so, there is a vent hose, wires and a 3/8 fuel line that all need to go thru

My plan was to try to route the line through the bed grommet like you said, that's how I ran my nitrous line on the 6.4. Only thing I'd worry about with that idea is the hose possibly getting kinked over time if it's in a bad way. But I'm sure I could figure something out.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
that was my other thought too as well, and i think it would actually rub the back of the cab a little bit. The hole in the bed seams to work well, i hid it under part of the tool box, pretty clean for the most part.

I ended up doing some reading last night and found that for people who buy a transferflow tank used the customer service is non existant on trying to get them to help you on the controller ect. Plus i also found out they want you to cut the fuel sending unit wiring and run it thru the controller, not splice but CUT it... wasnt really down with that, so i cut thier harness put in good deutsch connectors and wired it to the up fitter switch to fill the tank, im going to see about rigging up a timer that auto shuts off after 10 min or so so i dont overfill on accident

as a side note the tank plus 10 gal in the tank makes the ride much better LOL

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
that was my other thought too as well, and i think it would actually rub the back of the cab a little bit. The hole in the bed seams to work well, i hid it under part of the tool box, pretty clean for the most part.

I ended up doing some reading last night and found that for people who buy a transferflow tank used the customer service is non existant on trying to get them to help you on the controller ect. Plus i also found out they want you to cut the fuel sending unit wiring and run it thru the controller, not splice but CUT it... wasnt really down with that, so i cut thier harness put in good deutsch connectors and wired it to the up fitter switch to fill the tank, im going to see about rigging up a timer that auto shuts off after 10 min or so so i dont overfill on accident

as a side note the tank plus 10 gal in the tank makes the ride much better LOL

Where did you splice into the stock tank to fill it at?

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
on the vent side, its 3/4 hose, i just cut it and added a "tee" into the line, parts store had everything i needed

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
on the vent side, its 3/4 hose, i just cut it and added a "tee" into the line, parts store had everything i needed

Ok cool. Just makin sure.. same as what was on my dually... didnt know if you where trying to hide a splice or just went ahead and teed in near the filler neck.

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah no big deal its pretty clean if it didnt have worm clamps someone that didnt know better wouldnt ever know.

Im working on a timer right no so it can only run for 10 min at a time as to not be accidently left on and over filled. Ill let everyone know what i find if they are interested

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yeah no big deal its pretty clean if it didnt have worm clamps someone that didnt know better wouldnt ever know.

Im working on a timer right no so it can only run for 10 min at a time as to not be accidently left on and over filled. Ill let everyone know what i find if they are interested

Cool

Yeah, a timer would be bad ass... Ive forgot a few times and look in the mirror to see fuel spraying down the side of my truck... I wired in a red led trailer light in the dash of the dually to make it easier to see that its still on...

live life full throttle