Back to being tuned...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I've tryed tuning from swamps, TDP, and php. I liked certain aspects of all of them. But so far Php is winning. For me i try to be less picky about tuning characteristics because it takes about 1 month to send my chip out and have it reburned and sent back.

That is exactly why I would love to get a burner and be able to do it at home. Another problem with me is that I am very picky about how my truck idles, runs, shifts, and even sounds LOL

sethc24

Reaction score
Lol i totally understand. Man i don't understand how you drove a unchipped truck for months. I could not handle 1 week.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I've had Matt's and Bill's. Bills had a slightly touchy pedal. I'm very pleased with my Gearhead stuff. I'm either gonna let him or johnathon from beans do some live tuning when my motor is done.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Bone stock Trans. Been tuned for 85,000 miles and has pulled some heavy stuff for long times. Never has missed a beat.

Yeah, my trans has about 200k on it and it has not missed a beat either yet. It does get serviced regularly, and I am not too hard on it. I have yet to even see the trans temp get above 160.

DocBar

Reaction score
I've had Matt's and Bill's. Bills had a slightly touchy pedal. I'm very pleased with my Gearhead stuff. I'm either gonna let him or johnathon from beans do some live tuning when my motor is done.
Jonathan w/BDP does some pretty good live tuning, but mine had a very touchy throttle and was fairly smokey. I liked everything else about his tunes, though.

Jason

Reaction score
Im driving an un-chipped truck. The lack of power honestly doesnt bother me..its the shift characteristics that drive me nuts. I liked Matt's strategies, everything worked perfectly, if i could get him to flash me like a 60-80horse tune to my ecm, something I could tow with low egt's, drive around on daily, and have no need for another tune.

TARM

Reaction score
Yes matts trans strategies are a big improvement over stock and of the other trucks I have been in I have liked his trans setups the best.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Well, for my truck it's bills tuning. For one he is fairly close and also has done all the work to my truck so he knows it inside and out. You would never know the truck had more than 500hp until you get into, just driving it around its like a stock truck but when you wanna play just hammer down and she will roll on out! Not to mention if you get him to live tune it he will tweak it, mess with it, and screw with it some more until you are 100% happy with it

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well, for my truck it's bills tuning. For one he is fairly close and also has done all the work to my truck so he knows it inside and out. You would never know the truck had more than 500hp until you get into, just driving it around its like a stock truck but when you wanna play just hammer down and she will roll on out! Not to mention if you get him to live tune it he will tweak it, mess with it, and screw with it some more until you are 100% happy with it

I will definitely say that Bill has to be one of the most knowledgeable guys around when it comes to tuning the 7.3's. I have never ran his tunes, but after reading what he has to say about have a 7.3 runs, I am speechless.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Yes matts trans strategies are a big improvement over stock and of the other trucks I have been in I have liked his trans setups the best.

I have heard nothing but good about Gearhead tunes. I am sure I will try his out one day.

Latest posts

Members online