Ball joints and wheel hub discussion

TMCCOY

Reaction score
I installed Spicer joints on both sides 12/27/14 and now with 10k miles it appears at least the Drivers side has up/down play by hand on the rotor. I discovered this visible play in the upper BJ when changing the unit bearing last weekend. If I can see the play in the upper by hand, the lower has to be allowing it too I reason. I reached out to the vendor and was provided the warranty info which is not practical. You have to send the joints in, wait to see if they would approve them for warranty with a list of reasons they would fall into an exception category.

I'm better off buying new parts and doing the job again, but first, I will confirm what I saw. Not good timing as I'm gearing up for a significant modification sprint right now-truck is in my friends shop and not running in fact.

Reading through threads from searching the google box yields info suggesting no brands are that much different anymore...moog...spicer...xrf...napa... except Dynatrac at over $500. If that is what it takes to not have a failing part in 1 year and have the ability to rebuild in truck should the need arise, I guess that's where I will go.

Looking for specific advise if there is a reasonable alternative such as info the OEM's are still the quality we rec'd when the trucks were new?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Oems. They lasted about 130 on the original set, im at almost 70 on the second, and still tight. Plus, we now have 2yr unlimited mileage warranty, so you cant really go wrong.

Twan

Reaction score
Imeunning moog on my Chevy with 40's to test, put 1 on the 08 Chevy to test. Next time oem.

My fords I stay oem, I had 90k on the first set, replaced all on have 189,000 on the truck and they are still good!

Latest posts

Members online