Ball joints and wheel hub discussion

Layson

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Carli's new ball joints? They only have them for dodge right now but they are guarnteed for life like the dynatracs..... BUT..... If u have one go bad they do not send u a rebuild kit, they send u a new one free of charge! $200 a joint tho...

I don't think dynatrac has even had to send out a rebuild kit yet...LOL. At least that is the rumor I heard.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with Timken wheel hub assemblies? I had to replace the one on my truck, it lasted exactly 1 yr. to the day. Now the one I put on my wife's car is ready to fall off it has bee on the car for 13 months.

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with Timken wheel hub assemblies? I had to replace the one on my truck, it lasted exactly 1 yr. to the day. Now the one I put on my wife's car is ready to fall off it has bee on the car for 13 months.

02 ccsb, lariat, 7.3 auto, 4x4, 4" duals, 6637,zoodad

I Put a Timken hub on the front of mine over a year ago and it still seems fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

TLH

Reaction score
I haven't had to replace ball joints yet or unit bearings. I have 110, 000 on my 08 f-250 factory 20" rims wraped in Toyo 35's MT's absolutely love them.
Wonder when mine will go out.

GreenF350

Reaction score
I saw this is half an old thread, but suprised to see so many problems with MOOG's. I replaced mine (in my driveway) with MOOG's almost 7 years ago and about 130,000 miles ago and they are still doing great even with me being terrible about keeping them greased and having been submerged in mud more than a few times. No movement what so ever and great tire wear. Now that I've said that they will probably fall apart tomorrow, but....I've been happy.
-Aaron

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I saw this is half an old thread, but suprised to see so many problems with MOOG's. I replaced mine (in my driveway) with MOOG's almost 7 years ago and about 130,000 miles ago and they are still doing great even with me being terrible about keeping them greased and having been submerged in mud more than a few times. No movement what so ever and great tire wear. Now that I've said that they will probably fall apart tomorrow, but....I've been happy.
-Aaron

I think the quality has gone down hill since then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
Put new Moog hub bearings on my truck last May, and one went bad yesterday. It didn't come apart or anything crazy but it's making some grinding noises. The other one seems okay. Less than 15k miles on it with 37s and it's been underwater once.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Just want to bump this thread for some updates from those who posted, and some new opinions.

Doing new everything for my brakes this week. Going to tackle balljoints and wheel bearings next month as preventative maintenance.

As far as I can see, and if what the previous/original owner said was true... I'm still on original ball joints and bearings at 230,000 miles. So I'm on borrowed time... and leaning towards Motorcraft replacements.

zilla68

Reaction score
I just bought the dynatrac ball joints for 513.00 with shipping and the tool.
That was about 10.00 more than the local shop quoted me for moog's. They kept pushing the lifetime warranty,
but the warranty isn't good when they charge 530.00 to install them. That's why I decided to do my own, and get
better parts.
If you want the name pm me, and I"ll get you the info.

zilla68

Reaction score
I think its a limited time only, every where else I looked was 600 plus
there is a memorial day coupon code but I found a 10% off on the net anyways

Buck1

Reaction score
Current thoughts on XRFs, versus Dynatrac? I know big price difference, but I plan on keeping the truck for a while. Course OEMs got me 197k miles...

n54power

Reaction score
I purchased a hydraulic 10 ton press for undER $100 with a 20% coupon.
now I can easily press my own

I also did my track bar a nd spring bushings

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.