BANG!!

HiVoltage

Reaction score
dieselshop.jpgAnybody care to venture a guess how I managed to grenade this? Gonna pull the motor out in the next couple days and find out what the collateral damage is.

GIZMO6.0

Reaction score
Ok, enlighten me here...what is the issue with the Fluidampr? I am still stock but was looking at the Fluidampr.

Last time I saw a set of blown up LPOP gears was after a run away and the engine spun to a rather high number.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have a Fluidampr that has about 3-4 hours of run time on it.
I am going back to my stock dampnr before anything catastrophic happens with this engine.
If interested, PM me.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
lol lmfao i've been telling guys for yrs now not to use fluid dampners, they destroy lpop gears, put the stock dampner on and you'll be fine, trust me i make 1100hp, and i broke several gears and covers before i realiuzed the dampner did it. dont pull the motor, put a new cover on and gear, put the stock dampner on and you'll be fine, trust me

Extended Power

Reaction score
I know they only tested the Fluidampr to 3500 rpm.
I heard....heard...that when the engine sits overnight, the internal ring settles to the bottom. (which can't be very far)
Then, when you go out and start the engine, and drive away, the viscous oil is so thick the ring can not balance itself until warmed up. A couple of 3500 rpm+ shifts, and bang...done deal. (so I've heard)

Extended Power

Reaction score
To the OP:
Please describe how you were driving when it happened. Speed, rpm, was the engine warm, etc.

GIZMO6.0

Reaction score
PM Sent...I am a glutton for punishment. I have a few spares laying around if anything hits the fan. Have a spare engine sitting in the shop if it gets really bad.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Nope, Fluidampr.
That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the pic. I'm sorry to see the damage. I hope nothing else in the motor got hurt. If you aren't planning on it already, it would be worth taking a look at your main bearings.

lol lmfao i've been telling guys for yrs now not to use fluid dampners, they destroy lpop gears, put the stock dampner on and you'll be fine, trust me i make 1100hp, and i broke several gears and covers before i realiuzed the dampner did it. dont pull the motor, put a new cover on and gear, put the stock dampner on and you'll be fine, trust me
Guys, Shawn is absolutlely right to be beating the anti-Fluidampr drum. Those damn things have been destroying motors/cranks of all types for decades.

I saw recently where a Fluidampr rep or engineer came out in defense of their dampners. It was quite painful and a little humorus to read after seeing first hand the damage these POS things have done over and over again. All my interaction with them was in the gasser world, but it's not a huge shocker that they don't fare any better on a diesel. Most of the catastrophic failures I've seen are broken crank snouts. One of Fluidamper's biggest copouts is/was the blower drive putting too much stress on the crank snout. I kinda had to scratch my head when that was their comeback to a guy who had never run a blower on his car.

Latest posts

Members online