Banks six gun

jbkingranch

Reaction score
The only thing good about the Banks system is if you get the IQ screen. I had the system on my truck and never liked tuning. Now running IDP tuning on a iTSX and still have the Banks set to stock so I can have a display. They now sell the display that you can set up separately and fool with that Six Gun junk. From first hand experience go ahead and buy you a spare set of injectors. Something about the Banks tuning scorches them. They try to make everything California EPA hippy friendly which equals a short life you your engine.

Powerstroke127

Reaction score
yes i did get it because couple of my friends have them and love them. its with the pda. pda is being shipped to me so right now im using the selector 1-6.

STROKER

Reaction score
I had a 6 gun with speedloader when I first got my truck:banghead: Better start saving for a trans and studs :thumbup:

Twan

Reaction score
The knob will not work until you do a relearn. I don't remember how to do it. Call banks.
I hope you have better luck with yours man. Watch the trans temp when pulling.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You couldn't give me one of those things...

I never understood why everyone can spend so much money on a truck (these trucks new were probably $40-50k) but then can't take 5 minutes to do the research and spend the money on a proper tuner...

Start saving for the transmission like everyone else said. Hopefully you had no plans of ever modifying injectors or turbo, because you're just going to have to sell that and go with an SCT anyways.

Twan

Reaction score
The biggest reason is for the safety, aka the defueling I put one on my best friends dads. I also told him it will need studs, he runs it on the 40hp tune, I have all the setting set low for him, so that he can just drive it like it was stock. He wanted a little more power and didn't want to watch egts. Banks is good for that.
I do wish sct that that, I still wish I would have gotten him sct.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I never need to watch my EGT's on a street tune... Maybe on a full out race tune, but I went without gauges for probably a year, after I got them on I realized I was not driving anywhere near hard enough to worry about EGT's.

Twan

Reaction score
He pulls his inclosed trailer, brings it up to Colorado from Arizona, with the winds, few big hills. He can't set the cruise at 70 mph and just go, he said he's felt it hit the refuel from high egts, I set it at 1300* for him. I'm sure hill be getting 5th (OD) gear clutches form it.
That being said, I still suggest sct over banks.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
You couldn't give me one of those things...

I never understood why everyone can spend so much money on a truck (these trucks new were probably $40-50k) but then can't take 5 minutes to do the research and spend the money on a proper tuner...

Start saving for the transmission like everyone else said. Hopefully you had no plans of ever modifying injectors or turbo, because you're just going to have to sell that and go with an SCT anyways.

Most people will do research, problem is they research in the wrong places. I.E. Diesel Power, Diesel World, etc. etc. Where Banks adds practically flood the magazines from cover to cover. I gotta admit I fell into the propaganda from the likes of only those magazines mentioned, and after I spent WAAAAAAAY to much money on the Banks system I put on my 06 6.0 I thought I was King of the Road LOLLOL. Then after I lifted my heads and had EGR/OIL coolers replaced, and got studs I found this website called POWERSTROKENATION LOLLOL:pointlaugh:. (back when it was a good site pretty much like the ARMY is now). And learned about SCT and how much better it is loaded with custom tunes as opposed to the almighty BANKS six gun. (for my interests at least). So the Banks went in the trash can, (speaking figuratively here I actually sold it on Ebay LOL) and I ordered an sct and gauges and ordered tunes from Eric and never looked back. However, not all BANKS products are JUNK. They actually make very good hard parts I.E. Intercoolers, exhausts things like that. They are however gonna cost you a good chunk of change, but in this world what doesnt. With that being said good luck to the OP here and hopefully if you do continue to run that SIX gun you dont run into the problems I have mentioned or any other problems that other guys have mentioned. I.E. transmission, Injectors, etc. etc.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Most people will do research, problem is they research in the wrong places. I.E. Diesel Power, Diesel World, etc. etc. Where Banks adds practically flood the magazines from cover to cover. I gotta admit I fell into the propaganda from the likes of only those magazines mentioned, and after I spent WAAAAAAAY to much money on the Banks system I put on my 06 6.0 I thought I was King of the Road LOLLOL. Then after I lifted my heads and had EGR/OIL coolers replaced, and got studs I found this website called POWERSTROKENATION LOLLOL:pointlaugh:. (back when it was a good site pretty much like the ARMY is now). And learned about SCT and how much better it is loaded with custom tunes as opposed to the almighty BANKS six gun. (for my interests at least). So the Banks went in the trash can, (speaking figuratively here I actually sold it on Ebay LOL) and I ordered an sct and gauges and ordered tunes from Eric and never looked back. However, not all BANKS products are JUNK. They actually make very good hard parts I.E. Intercoolers, exhausts things like that. They are however gonna cost you a good chunk of change, but in this world what doesnt. With that being said good luck to the OP here and hopefully if you do continue to run that SIX gun you dont run into the problems I have mentioned or any other problems that other guys have mentioned. I.E. transmission, Injectors, etc. etc.

I can't disagree with that. Their intercoolers are nice and competitively priced. My buddies have used Banks exhausts on their gas trucks and they've always been nice as well.

Latest posts

Members online