Barder Stage 2 Vs 64.5/62 SXE?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Bd diesel makes a good low price kit. You can get just the headers and or the up pipes.
Headers.
http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/292P
Up-pipes.
http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/396

Then you can do a search for other companies that make tubed headers.

I thought you were talking about actual headers like a few people have done but yes those manifolds seem to have produced good results and have a great price point.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
You can't just slap a non-vgt turbo on, and expect good spool up.
You will also need divided up pipes...which make a huge difference in the way a non-vgt turbo spools up.

I would stick with a vgt turbo if I was the owner...studs or not.

The truck will etheir be getting a MPD or irate kit if going non VGT.

crash86

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ran/know anyone that runs a 64.5sxe with stock sticks and stock head bolts? I plan on doing studs in the near future but really have an itch to put a non vgt on my truck right now. I guess I'm just curious how much you can get out of a non vgt on head bolts with a light tune. Just wanting to get a little more out of it before I do studs. Don't mean to knock this thread off track, I thought the question kind of fit in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
Has anyone ever ran/know anyone that runs a 64.5sxe with stock sticks and stock head bolts? I plan on doing studs in the near future but really have an itch to put a non vgt on my truck right now. I guess I'm just curious how much you can get out of a non vgt on head bolts with a light tune. Just wanting to get a little more out of it before I do studs. Don't mean to knock this thread off track, I thought the question kind of fit in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I wouldn't bud. People blow head gaskets on stock sticks, turbo, and a tune. Get studs first and oring your heads it's not much extra. It's worth the wait to just do it right the first time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk