batteries.. which ones do you run?

timj

Reaction score
The whole "higher cca batteries aren't as durable" I do believe that theory. The higher the cca, the higher the plate count is. The higher the plate count, the closer the plates are placed together and a easier chance for one to come loose and contact a plate next to it and short that cell out.

ja_cain

Reaction score
The whole "higher cca batteries aren't as durable" I do believe that theory. The higher the cca, the higher the plate count is. The higher the plate count, the closer the plates are placed together and a easier chance for one to come loose and contact a plate next to it and short that cell out.
That makes sense especially if they are subject to a lot of jostling.

ja_cain

Reaction score
I buy Napa ones :) Sexy huh?

You can find a Napa nearly anywhere, receipt goes in a shipping label stuck on the side of the battery. And I use a tender instead of a battery heater for cold temps.
My battery tender was money well spent. Do you ever disconnect and charge your batteries separately? I've been meaning to do this. Right now I just charge them in parallel.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Best batteries I've ran are the diehard platinums from Sears. Made by oddesey

Running these as well. They are awesome. Have one in my 86 while waiting on the trans to come back. Spins a 351w over like a sob. Plus no acid leaking or corrosion. They are heavy though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

V-Ref

Reaction score
My battery tender was money well spent. Do you ever disconnect and charge your batteries separately? I've been meaning to do this. Right now I just charge them in parallel.
I mounted the tender on the truck, and plugged it in when ever I plugged the block heater in....so nope on separately

How do Limited and Lifetime fit in the same title

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Die hard platinums are a sweet battery. All the other work truck 7.3 get rural king batteries though.

Best batteries I've ran are the diehard platinums from Sears. Made by oddesey
what they said! diehard platinum p2's in the dually and have ran tye truck in freezing temps for over a day when my alternator took a dump...
Aren't east penns the ones that guarantee they won't corrode the terminals?
the platinums dont corrode either..

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
I gave up on spending$$ on batteries for my 7.3...

Walmart batteries...take em back when they stop working. Leave with two new ones.

Jomax

Reaction score
I gave up on spending$$ on batteries for my 7.3...

Walmart batteries...take em back when they stop working. Leave with two new ones.

I stopped using walmart, their batteries are now 650cca. At least in AZ. I'm going to O'Reilly batteries. In the heat here in AZ. Battery's last 2-3 years at most. There's an Oriellys everywhere, even in small towns. I would never use napa for batteries, i usually have stuff go bad after 6pm or right before a trip, plus they want their receipt for everything. For oreillys I just give them my number. Napa closes at 5:30, oriellys 9pm. That's the biggest plus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
My walmart batteries I got this past summer were 850cca...they changed the cases...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I stopped using walmart, their batteries are now 650cca. At least in AZ. I'm going to O'Reilly batteries. In the heat here in AZ. Battery's last 2-3 years at most. There's an Oriellys everywhere, even in small towns. I would never use napa for batteries, i usually have stuff go bad after 6pm or right before a trip, plus they want their receipt for everything. For oreillys I just give them my number. Napa closes at 5:30, oriellys 9pm. That's the biggest plus.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
my diehards have a 7yr warranty....

live life full throttle

bruce

Reaction score
Like I've said before with die hards is that I think sears is going out of business in the not so distant future. I bought a pair of duralst golds in 07-08 time frame and I garuantee they're still on something at the farm right now. Rural king has good prices on batteries, they're rebadged exides

bad12jr

Reaction score
Didnt know that either. Got the receipt with the 7 year info still. So I'll assume they will still honor it.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Didnt know that either. Got the receipt with the 7 year info still. So I'll assume they will still honor it.

They will honor it....on the old ones. Replacements....nope.

ja_cain

Reaction score
My walmart batteries I got this past summer were 850cca...they changed the cases...

I just looked them up online. The Maxx Everstart are 850cca with 3 year warranty and 2 year prorated. Diehard platimums are 2.5 times the price with 4 year waranty. They are the AGM's so they should hold up better under high vibration situations though. But are they really worth 2.5 times the price if you just get 50 to 60% more life out of them? Maybe you would get more. Not sure I would want to roll the dice on that since the warranty is only 1 year more than the Walmart brand.

I think that I am going to just be diligent about using my battery tender if I have to call on the batteries more than normal like jumping other vehicles or troubleshooting something on the truck were you are cycling the gp's a lot.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ummmm, I ruin those Wal-Mart batteries in a year if I drive it everyday. I just take it back, ive neeeever paid a dime to exchange. My last set were 2010s that puked in 2013....but lots of sitting. Idk. I took a bath buying $$$ batteries and trying exchange them. Sears comes to mind. Now my lincoln ls I spent the 180$ on the sears platinum and it really wings the starter over...like seriously. Worth every single penny. My truck destroys batteries.

Peroni

Reaction score
Currently running a pair of the Die Hard Platinums in the truck. Got em on sale 2yrs ago and they're still going strong.

Just put an Autocraft Platinum in my TDI Jetta. Think they're made by Johnson Controls.

Latest posts

Members online