batteries.. which ones do you run?

pullandpray

Reaction score
Ummmm, I ruin those Wal-Mart batteries in a year if I drive it everyday. I just take it back, ive neeeever paid a dime to exchange. My last set were 2010s that puked in 2013....but lots of sitting. Idk. I took a bath buying $$$ batteries and trying exchange them. Sears comes to mind. Now my lincoln ls I spent the 180$ on the sears platinum and it really wings the starter over...like seriously. Worth every single penny. My truck destroys batteries.

I'm going to try to take these things back and get new ones and see what they say. If not I guess it's a core for some diehards... I love being cheap

pullandpray

Reaction score
Well took the batteries back to walmart, first they went going to warranty them without the paperwork then the guy tested them and was like uh yea will replace them. One had 52ca and the other had 61ca. Lol these batteries say they are 1000ca and 850cca. Highly doubt that.

n54power

Reaction score
First,FU les schwab. I had their recommended batterys installed. During my montana elk hunt we hit -25 to 30*
one of them cracked. I didnt know because it was still starting good. It wasn't until the acid That splashed out ate a hole in my fuel filter lid.
when I took It back to the same LS that installed It I was told that it was obviously user error and owner inflicted damage isn't covered.

So I got some batterys from costco. 900cca,1000ca,lifetime warranty and no issues with replacements

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Just bought some super start 65EXT Golds from oreilys. First time buying batteries from Oreilys usually get ever start 65S from walmart or Motorcraft batteries anyone running these SS 65 EXT? got them for 365 for two. Cheaper then the AGMs oreilys carries has more CCA's/CA too says manufactured by East Penn 3 Year replacement warranty and 84 month pro rated warranty.

65EXT

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 850 CCA
Cranking Amps (CA): 1035 CA
Reserve Capacity (min): 150 Minute
Voltage (V): 12 Volt
Length (In): 12 Inch
Width (In): 7-3/8 Inch
Height (In): 7-5/8 Inch
Weight (Lbs): 46.5 Lbs.
Terminal Type: Top Post

AGM

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 775 CCA
Cranking Amps (CA): 955 CA
Weight (Lbs): 47.5 Lbs.

Last edited:

nossliw

Reaction score
Just bought some super start 65EXT Golds from oreilys. First time buying batteries from Oreilys usually get ever start 65S from walmart or Motorcraft batteries anyone running these SS 65 EXT? got them for 365 for two. Cheaper then the AGMs oreilys carries has more CCA's/CA too says manufactured by East Penn 3 Year replacement warranty and 84 month pro rated warranty.

65EXT

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 850 CCA
Cranking Amps (CA): 1035 CA
Weight (Lbs): 46.5 Lbs.

AGM

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 775 CCA
Cranking Amps (CA): 955 CA
Weight (Lbs): 47.5 Lbs.

I would have paid for the motorcrafts instead. I can't stand their super start batteries. We had 7 fleet trucks all with the super start premium/platinums or whatever the most expensive ones were at around 170$ a piece. After 4 years we had to replace both batteries in all 7 trucks. Luckily they were under the 36 month free replacement warranty. I ended up trying a set of motorcrafts instead. They have been in that truck for 6 years and still start like the day they were new. All 7 tucks and my two personal trucks have motorcrafts in them now. Pulled a 9 year old Motorcraft battery out of the boses old ranger. Yeah its a ranger, but still....

They have performed very well considering most winters we see 1 and two week periods well below freezing. - 35 at our place this year a few times as well.

Just my .02. I know they shortened their warranty to 24 months free replacement as well on the premiums.

They are not a gell cell battery but they sure have performed well.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Odyssey batteries, group 31 model. Put them in and walk away for 6-7 years. You can also get a similar battery to them at batteries plus and the sears platinum battery is basically the same. We have them in everything at the farm, they are awesome. I have a unfair advantage though, my dad works at the plant where they are built and we get blems for pennies on the dollar, have yet to see a blem fail either. Case in point, I have had the same group 31 batteries in my old powerstroke for 6 years and they show no signs of getting weak.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Supposedly, my buddy said he can get Interstate Megatron II for 20 bucks all day long. Not as high on the CCA as the Megatron Plus but should still be ok in VA. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Latest posts

Members online