Battery Relocation...

HD F250

Reaction score
My plan is to run a distribution point under the hood, as well as a pair of jumper posts. No solid layout for it all yet, still working it out in my head and gathering peices.

I am planning to do something similar. I will try to get pics of Shone's at Rudy's event and post them if he don't mind. He has all the cool mods already.:drool:

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Kinda thinking that's the best idea too.. can try and keep it real clean and tucked to a side and would make it alot easier by just running two heavy gauge cables to the engine bay. Keep us updated on your plan CamTom... I'm sure a few guys are interested in doing this..

I'm still torn between tool box or frame also.. On my shortbed I'm not sure if i'd want to run a tool box in there too but i'm aiming to have this truck as a toy and might see off road a bit more so the frame has me worried.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Kinda thinking that's the best idea too.. can try and keep it real clean and tucked to a side and would make it alot easier by just running two heavy gauge cables to the engine bay. Keep us updated on your plan CamTom... I'm sure a few guys are interested in doing this..

I'm still torn between tool box or frame also.. On my shortbed I'm not sure if i'd want to run a tool box in there too but i'm aiming to have this truck as a toy and might see off road a bit more so the frame has me worried.

I used two junction blocks. One on each side. I ran two heavy gauge cables up to the engine compartment to the blocks and ran all my accessories and factory cables to the blocks.

Zmann

Reaction score
Will those boxes take the full size batteries We have now ?

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I used two junction blocks. One on each side. I ran two heavy gauge cables up to the engine compartment to the blocks and ran all my accessories and factory cables to the blocks.

That sounds SUPER easy compared to trying to combine the two factory locations in the engine bay

CamTom12

Reaction score

That is a way better idea than I was thinking!!

BigSix300, thanks for the link!

White_monster

Reaction score
Why not switch the airbox and battery around on the passenger side. All but 2 cables reach and the battery fits. Can put a very large intake in that way. Plus it looks factory and fuse us guys living in the cold the cable runs will be short and not cause starting issues.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Why not switch the airbox and battery around on the passenger side. All but 2 cables reach and the battery fits. Can put a very large intake in that way. Plus it looks factory and fuse us guys living in the cold the cable runs will be short and not cause starting issues.

I like this idea.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Some great ideas bring thrown around on here. Im definitely going to be moving atleast my passenger side battery for when I do compounds. Whether I want to make my own box/bracket on the frame rail, or use that oem one, or like what was just said swap the airbox and battery, depending how far over my atmostphere turbo sits. Im leaning towards that oem ford box right now.

Anyone know of the company that makes the kind of trick looking battery relocation brackets for the frame rail? I cant remember if they are a sponsor on here, but I remember seeing one on a site probably like 6 months ago

derrick36

Reaction score
Some great ideas bring thrown around on here. Im definitely going to be moving atleast my passenger side battery for when I do compounds. Whether I want to make my own box/bracket on the frame rail, or use that oem one, or like what was just said swap the airbox and battery, depending how far over my atmostphere turbo sits. Im leaning towards that oem ford box right now.

Anyone know of the company that makes the kind of trick looking battery relocation brackets for the frame rail? I cant remember if they are a sponsor on here, but I remember seeing one on a site probably like 6 months ago

I haven't seen any for a group 65 battery(never really looked though), but you can find them all day for Optimas if you ever go that route:
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/search.asp?keyword=optima

With someone like Ballistic, you could probably give them the dimensions of the batteries and they may be able to adjust their brackets accordingly.

bigsix300

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a good setup on my truck cause I have really been wanted on board air that was belt driven. The only way I'd see it working is if them batteries were out of the way. So, I was super browsing for some ways to do it after I had seen this thread. Seen that the seller had that many to sell thought I'd share the find.

Thumbed out on my infected phone.

CamTom12

Reaction score

I'm wanting to run a few things behind the headlights other than an airbox. My Webasto behind the driver's side for now, and I was thinking something else behind the passenger side down the road.

bigsix300

Reaction score
Oh yeah webasto do want one of those. Now just gotta talk the wife into letting me spend more money on it. Got the truck last year put r4 tech on in December and been wanting better on board air since then but just got a tuner on it yesterday so... the spending more money thing is proly gonna he a no :(

Thumbed out on my infected phone.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My plan is to run a distribution point under the hood, as well as a pair of jumper posts. No solid layout for it all yet, still working it out in my head and gathering peices.

That's a good idea. Im going to do something different on my new truck as the current set up slows down cab off time.
Sucks but you gotta account for some of this stuff when building things and laying them out

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score

I would love to see some pics of this and what all is needed??? I cant think of which cables wont reach at the moment. I like this idea!!

The battery relocation is next on my list just to clean things up a little.

White_monster

Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of this and what all is needed??? I cant think of which cables wont reach at the moment. I like this idea!!

The battery relocation is next on my list just to clean things up a little.

I'm not sure I want to give my idea out yet. Once I get a chance to order some material and make something I'll post up with pics maybe.

Latest posts

Members online