battery?

Trav-O

Reaction score
How long did y'alls original batteries last. I have a job 1 and looks like the originals are finally crapping out. My old job 1 only lasted 3 years

Diesel23

Reaction score
Build date 11/08 ,started throwing codes for brakes 11/11 ,turned out it was batteries!

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
mine lasted 04/07 to 7/12 on the originals.. i noticed i needed new batteries when i started smelling sulfur in the cab with the AC on in the summer time.

punkrockford

Reaction score
Out here in arizona i tend to replace batteries every couple of years. factory batteries in my f150 lasted about 3 years. I have had my F250 for 2 and a half years and i have noticed that it seams to be cranking slower. with all modern vehicles you have the potential for the vehicle to crank and not start due to a weak battery. i know with the diesels its even more important and 6.0l's were known to burn up the ficm if continually started with a weak battery. going to replace mine on my 6.4 this weekend.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
When the battery started to go, did the auto start click a few times? And have a hard time firing? Mine is beginning to do just that... Hasn't left me stranded or anything... But starting to get my attention... Then I saw this post.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
whats the voltage of your batteries corb, after its sat a while, while its running(alternator voltage), and just after its shut down?

live life full throttle

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
whats the voltage of your batteries corb, after its sat a while, while its running(alternator voltage), and just after its shut down?

live life full throttle

12.04 after sitting all night. 11.54 with the the key in the ON position. 12.6 when running, over 13 at 2000 rpm in park. I did not drive it around after seeing that. I do not think that it is a battery issue, or a charging issue.

The way that it is acting, reminds me of my old hoopty cars in high school, when the starter solenoid was about to chit the bed on me.... I had to turn the key to just the right spot to get it to fire... either way, I am going to hit the ford joint, and see what's up. Thanks for the help guys.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
batteries seem to be healthy but the alternator doesnt. all vehicles should be above 13.5v while at idle. healthy it should be above 14v

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online