Beans Diesel Tuner = Extra 58 hp..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce

Reaction score
well jonathan went to jersey which is a long way away from woodbury, find you some more canucks and pool your money together and a tuner will come to you

muff

Reaction score
Trust me guys I had a hard time giving up the DP tuner! But seeing the extra horse in a matter of minutes had me convinced and having Jonathan there to live tune was icing on the cake!

I hope those numbers aren't typical for the 120r, that tune never felt fast. It would be interesting to compare live tunes from all of the tuners..

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Jody is a great tuner, i dont think anyone is bashing on him in this thread. I ran DPTuner for several years, have nothing but great things to say about his tunes. I am now running Tyrant Diesel tunes, and both tuners are very comparable. Just go with what you like. There isnt a bad tuner out there, all very comparable

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
OP was ur dp live tuned? I've seen somewhere that jody made over 300 w/ cai, exh, rr, and stock sticks in the 120. Wonder why your numbers were so low? Im not trying to start anything just asking?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
OP was ur dp live tuned? I've seen somewhere that jody made over 300 w/ cai, exh, rr, and stock sticks in the 120. Wonder why your numbers were so low? Im not trying to start anything just asking?

he has mentioned this a couple times, his DP Tunes were NOT live tuned

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score

dude read the 3rd post in this thread.... NO his dp was not live tuned.

Last edited:

firehunter

Reaction score
I ran DP for over 100,000 miles on the two rigs in my sig, EACH before switching tuners. Nothing bad to say about DP tuning, for me it was more about the chip itself that I was disappointed in. I now run PHP tunes on a TS chip so I can easily try other tuners if curiosity gets the best of me.

I have to say that max HP numbers are fun to talk about and it IS interesting to know what can be done at WOT, but once you know the max HP numbers your RIGHT FOOT determines whether you make 150hp or 350hp and has a lot to do with the longevity of your equipment. Tuners can't fix stupid.

Bean

Reaction score
The tunes are safe. I can for sure count on one hand the # of engines that have been lost with our tunes and all of those were with Stage 2 or larger injs most also injecting something as well and most on PMR's. It happens, pretty much unavoidable especially with PMR engines out there but the % of tuned trucks to # of failures is outstanding IMO. I am pretty sure we have never had a failure out of a stock inj truck PMR or Forged.

The results that Muff saw are typical for what we see on a regular basis. With DP tunes the lower programs usually make more then the highest program and we can usually pick up allot of hp when compared back to back. I am not knocking Jody or Diane at all, they work very hard on thier tuning and have been at it for years and are great people. I think having the dyno and starting out from scratch with it making tunes has really made the differance.

DIESEL SHOP LLC.

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to muff for testing on his truck we did some on mine too it has lived thro 2 years of 500 plus hp on johns tunes prob 20 to 30 passes on strip daily driven and abused plowed with his tunes towed so we decided to up the power and c if she stayed together 655.9 was a best we got on a shot of NOS, JOHN an CASS left tues around 11 pm since then iv been thro 2 bottles and its still kickin so i would say there tunes are pretty dam safe and yes i belive when there time is up its up no matter what hp level or tune but i would say u have a better chance of longevity with JOHN and CASS tunes and BEANS products put the hole package together thanks BEANS oh ya stock bottom end and 238s on 100s yeaaahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!! with a baby d66 turbo

golfer

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to muff for testing on his truck we did some on mine too it has lived thro 2 years of 500 plus hp on johns tunes prob 20 to 30 passes on strip daily driven and abused plowed with his tunes towed so we decided to up the power and c if she stayed together 655.9 was a best we got on a shot of NOS, JOHN an CASS left tues around 11 pm since then iv been thro 2 bottles and its still kickin so i would say there tunes are pretty dam safe and yes i belive when there time is up its up no matter what hp level or tune but i would say u have a better chance of longevity with JOHN and CASS tunes and BEANS products put the hole package together thanks BEANS oh ya stock bottom end and 238s on 100s yeaaahhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!! with a baby d66 turbo

that's got to be a strong running truck...that's big power.

what kind of track times do you typically see?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score

Holy fricken cow lets learn to use some punctuation!!! that was difficult to follow, but i did get the jist of it. Definitely sounds like a strong running truck. I definitely want to try Beans tunes, hear great things about them.

DIESEL SHOP LLC.

Reaction score
sorry i cant spell but i can build one hell of a truck. And this was not ment to be turned into a bashing thread.So like your momma said if cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.And u can see some of the older videos of truck new ones will be on there soon diesel shop llc on you tube.Back turning wrenches LATER! oh ya 238s on 100s d66 with some NOS hahahahaha

907DAVE

Reaction score

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

JDub

Reaction score
365hp with stock injectors and stock turbo? Nice dyno run

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online