Beans Diesel Tuner = Extra 58 hp..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have heard a lot of people worried about the 80e tune. But the fact is even if there was an issue( which I doubt), it has been fixed. I talked to Diane a couple months ago through e-mail and she stated that they have 40,000+ customers running their tunes. Wouldn't you think that if there really was an issue than we would hear a lot more about it? It is always the same group of guys that talk down on DP. I don't know why they feel the need to do that. I believe every tuner has there pluses and minuses. I would never talk bad about a tuner simply because it is a ton of work to do, and I give them props for their knowledge. I don't think you can go wrong with any of today's major tuners.

TARM

Reaction score
Why not ask the real questions.

Such as what is done differently in making a tune to maximize fuel efficiency? Specifically what is done in the Engine tuning leaving out anything kind of transmission tuning changes i.e. shift points, converter lock up etc.. Only changes to engine parameters.

Obviously tuners are not going to give out specifics on numbers etc. But lets talk in terms of general tuning principles of how..

Then lets look at this in terms of what is different or makes it need to be exclusive from tunes with other specific goals. Is there really a need or even actual true benefits to large numbers of different tunes for specific goals?

What are the key indicators that good, better, maximum fuel efficiency is being reached/achieved? EGTs, Boost/Drive PSI, Smoke, etc

I know of many people that have found maximum fuel efficiency from the race tunes, others from tow tunes, etc IMO significant positive effects in fuel efficiency come from using the go pedal to its maximum efficiency and transmission shifts and tq conv lock up setup to minimize the need for more throttle.

thuglike

Reaction score
I was able to see Jon at work..he definetly knows how to get those hidden ponies out of her!!!!!

Nice run!!!!

MRT1

Reaction score
I heart tuning pissing matches - in the end no one learns anything on either side and they all go away pissed off.

FWIW - I do believe that timing map is accurate - as in accurate to base map plus the worst case of the timing modifiers to get it to what you see. The question I have - is even though it is possible to get to that level of timing in that particular tune (and I do believe it is) - is what is the likely hood and the exact circumstances that allows it to get to that level of advance - that I don't have a good answer for - but I do believe evidence was posted in the past from a different source that confirmed the findings in that graph. Take it for what its worth - pick a tuner you trust and go with it.

This is the best post in regards to the maps posted. All the maps that have been posted show are possible levels that can be obtained if certain conditions are met. The key point as stated above is what exact circumstances have to be met to reach that level. Now Joe is not incorrect for posting a map and stating look what level can be obtained. However, what Joe and most do not know is there are ways to limit the maximum value of timing regardless of what the maps posted reflect. Now if the maps posted had data logging associated with them and I do not mean auto E (not fast enough) then you could state tune XYZ has too much timing as the data log shows. Fact is you can post whatever map you want and it means nothing except what is capable if certain conditions are met IF NOT PROPERLY LIMITED.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
So there was no chance the damage was already there and a tune just pushed it over the edge? No chance that any tune from any tuner could of done that? Motors usually don't just break...something goes wrong and over some time it let's go.

Just curious your thoughts on that.

Yes, I 100% agree with you.

However, the truck was never tuned previous by me. I bought it completely stock with no mention of it being tuned.(Of course that doesn't mean jack) but It drove fine and ran great for the year previous to that tune being installed.

Then it went boom. A stock motor with very low miles with only a set of stacks and an econo tune.

I'm not trying to point the finger, I added it knowingly. However the only form of power adder was that tune.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Let's leave this thread in the direction it was intended....to give props to John at BDP's tuning.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
If this thread becomes about another company's tuning it's going away. Thought that was clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online