Berman's 7.3 build

dsberman94

Reaction score
I felt like I was at the gas station again. I gassed up the car and got stuck in line behind some dude who was yapping about his superchips tuner on his 03 7.3. He swapped in some 600hp plus injectors. Has a "bored" out turbo with twin wheels on it. In reality it was a bone stock e99 with two bad injectors.

He had the college girl at the checkout counter convinced he was the pioneer of diesel performance until she started talking about how her dad has been pulling since the 70's and it got real quiet.

Knuckleheads.

SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!!! lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I felt like I was at the gas station again. I gassed up the car and got stuck in line behind some dude who was yapping about his superchips tuner on his 03 7.3. He swapped in some 600hp plus injectors. Has a "bored" out turbo with twin wheels on it. In reality it was a bone stock e99 with two bad injectors.

He had the college girl at the checkout counter convinced he was the pioneer of diesel performance until she started talking about how her dad has been pulling since the 70's and it got real quiet.

Knuckleheads.

lol. I cant ever help myself when people start talking like that. I just cant let people spread bull**** like that and usually say something.

SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!!! lol.

He was talking bout you bud. You reminded him of that situation. Lol

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
We already know that. You're fine man. You were getting a little crazy there for a second about being a cutting edge innovator and thats it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
my smartazz response to "my turbo has 2 wheels".

"Kewl dood, im running 2 wheels in my turbo too."

really thats awesome

"yea and so is every other turbo'd vehicle in existence dumbazz"

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well thanks to lincolnlocker I've diagnosed most of my issues I currently have with this truck. HPOP main priority with some good tread used tires for now till I get spacers for the 18s. T500 is what I'm going with.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well thanks to lincolnlocker I've diagnosed most of my issues I currently have with this truck. HPOP main priority with some good tread used tires for now till I get spacers for the 18s. T500 is what I'm going with.

Yep, icp in his 120 tune was 2066psi at 78% dc. Not a happy motor!

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Also not to the floor. I'm gonna see if john fitts might have an extra HPOP laying around that I could grab off him as a core. Also block heater is high on the list but that's only $60. And I'm just gonna do a front end rebuild. I think some of the nose is u joints. And that constant sound when stopped is definitely the exhaust because it doesn't do it in reverse. Now that I'm really thinking back it started after we put the exhaust on there a few months ago. But it has been getting worse.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Plus a possible slightly bent pushrod. But hey at least it passed the contribution test on stock with flying colors.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Prolly not. I keep up on the general maintenance during the winter. During the summer I'm actually able to fix the chit. I just don't realize what to look for or what to watch like icp and things like that. Which is where I was extremely thankful for your help last night.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I was very thankful for him helping me out. I wish he lived out here so I could learn more about these engines. Most shops close to here don't even work on 7.3s any more. I talked to a guy who has a diesel shop in Scranton and he works on 6.0 years and newer of all makes. Said he rarely gets a 7.3 in.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Had the window down today and I think I could hear that pushrod out the intake. Pretty consistent thump when I got into it. Which matched the rpm. So I guess I'm gonna order a new set of pushrods and change them all out.

dsberman94

Reaction score
egts are getting a little out of control with this on-its-death-bed hpop. still trying to find a core to send in. pushrods should be going in next week. buying a new fender and hopefully a bumper next week as well. as soon as im able to find and hpop for a core ill send it in. got a couple more small projects going on as well. just figured id update this a little bit for now.

Latest posts

Members online