Berman's 7.3 build

swinky

Reaction score
Damn 6.7 cummins has the same issue as these 6.7 powerstroke.... Tiny turbo lol still a good motor but I'll keep my ford. And my tranny :) also I'd love a '03 Ecsb 6.0 to turn into a drag truck/dd like you swinky and leave the 6.7 to the towing duties.

I'm doing mine with a ccsb king ranch though :banghead::banghead::banghead: 6.0s are soo picky when it comes to drag racing. Soo many guys with 190/100s and big turbos running low 13s. Holderdowns excursion does 13.2 with 190/30s and a pmax :D

My comp housing is getting modded to slightly larger than a pmax and going with some 175s that rudys runs. 12s should happen.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
wooo. got my 05 grille. one step closer to getting the front end all fixed up. now i need a bumper and a header panel and just need to buy the fender. then paint. still deciding if i want big beefy bumper or regular bumper. im thinking big beefy but wallet says normal.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
wooo. got my 05 grille. one step closer to getting the front end all fixed up. now i need a bumper and a header panel and just need to buy the fender. then paint. still deciding if i want big beefy bumper or regular bumper. im thinking big beefy but wallet says normal.

Regular bumper fo sho.

And get a roll pan and single 7" stack too…so I can see how it looks lol.

If shipping weren't a bish, I'd say you could have my brush guard…cheaper than a bumper, and you get some protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Regular bumper fo sho.

And get a roll pan and single 7" stack too…so I can see how it looks lol.

If shipping weren't a bish, I'd say you could have my brush guard…cheaper than a bumper, and you get some protection.

big bumper but staying close to the factory profile. i think its like 1/4 inch plate structually and 3/16 plate on the outside. then rollpan out back with my 5" in bed piping and 8 inch dual aussies.

TyCorr

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious. I pull fairly heavy everyday with a stock duramax and its doesnt do anything stupid like you guys think. I also have used a 6.7 cummins and it pulls like a mother***ker. In what usage are all these gigantic failures occuring? Some kid throwing a tuner on them and holding it to the floor.

Im close to a million miles on duramaxes. Besides front ends going to hell they've been fine. The new new ones have lots of stupid bs that happens with sensors and cel for def system component failures.

I love my 7.3 and it not going to a new home anytime soon but its not a new truck. A brand new anything is.good right now. The ram wouldnt be my last pick either. If you are.gonna work them the cummins pulls hard. Torque is ridiculous. Dmax not so much. It wants to rev as does the 6.7 psd.

dsberman94

Reaction score
i already have the stacks. theyre in the basement. i took them off for winter going back on in the summer.

swinky

Reaction score
This thread is hilarious. I pull fairly heavy everyday with a stock duramax and its doesnt do anything stupid like you guys think. I also have used a 6.7 cummins and it pulls like a mother***ker. In what usage are all these gigantic failures occuring? Some kid throwing a tuner on them and holding it to the floor.

Im close to a million miles on duramaxes. Besides front ends going to hell they've been fine. The new new ones have lots of stupid bs that happens with sensors and cel for def system component failures.

I love my 7.3 and it not going to a new home anytime soon but its not a new truck. A brand new anything is.good right now. The ram wouldnt be my last pick either. If you are.gonna work them the cummins pulls hard. Torque is ridiculous. Dmax not so much. It wants to rev as does the 6.7 psd.

Makes me want a dmax even more. There's a beautiful 07 for sale down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

RedRice589

Reaction score
Makes me want a dmax even more. There's a beautiful 07 for sale down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

I've debated a nice duramax myself I just don't know if I want to go that direction. I love my ford too much. I think a nice Lmm Ecsb would do me well hate the fiberglass beds of the dual lies but I really want a dually.

swinky

Reaction score
Don't put stacks on. They look like sht, and scream retarded flatbilled 18yr old.

I'm putting one on mine to keep the smoke and noise from being directed at people on the road. I'm 20 and wear flat bills. You old guys hate on younger kids way too much around here.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Don't put stacks on. They look like sht, and scream retarded flatbilled 18yr old.

They actually aren't that bad. I bought the truck with them on there and it looks weird without them right now. I get older people and young people telling me they hate stacks but mine actually look good and sound good. If they weren't on the truck I wouldn't have put them on it. But I assure you the bill of my hat is curved and I'm not 18 or retarded.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm putting one on mine to keep the smoke and noise from being directed at people on the road. I'm 20 and wear flat bills. You old guys hate on younger kids way too much around here.

No we dont. Go to compD if we're too mean.

Some guys dont like the diesel ricers just as you dont like cowboy boots and Wranglers.

People are different and you'll find way more guys who.work their trucks that think someone slamming a one ton four wheel drive truck and trying to turn it into a racecar is retarded. Its a mixed site. If you want a more specialized racing forum go to the D. But they sure dont care or think anybody is cool for 13 second passes flatbill hats or monster stickers. You need seriously thick skin to go over there.

Just a litle fyi. This place is what it is and wont change. But there are many prominent members who wear flatbilled hats.

Whatever, i dont wear hats. Usually.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Stacks are hit or miss IMO. For example, I wouldn't put one on my truck right now. Some 20x10s, trac bars and roll pan would change my opinion, but as it sits now, no thanks. I think they look good with more of the "street truck" look. Leveled or lowered, a little stance and a stack looks good.

swinky

Reaction score
No we dont. Go to compD if we're too mean.

Some guys dont like the diesel ricers just as you dont like cowboy boots and Wranglers.

People are different and you'll find way more guys who.work their trucks that think someone slamming a one ton four wheel drive truck and trying to turn it into a racecar is retarded. Its a mixed site. If you want a more specialized racing forum go to the D. But they sure dont care or think anybody is cool for 13 second passes flatbill hats or monster stickers. You need seriously thick skin to go over there.

Just a litle fyi. This place is what it is and wont change. But there are many prominent members who wear flatbilled hats.

Whatever, i dont wear hats. Usually.

You're not getting what I was trying to say. I'm talking about age. I just feel like the older guys automatically hate on the younger guys when they try new things. I'm not talking about my slow 6.0 on street tires or grandpas f350 on 38s and 16s. A majority of the younger people are morons (most probably think I am) I just feel like theres an automatic "you're a ****ing moron" towards the younger guys when they're actually working on their truck making it different.

Jason

Reaction score
I disgaree...which somebody always will.

If i put 20x10's on my truck, and bars, etc..im hacking off the tailpipe and doing an overaxle dump. Clean is way better than stacks and their hideous plumbing. I dont know wtf "aussies" are, or what "bullhaulers" are. Most cow trucks run a stack tip that is mitre cut and straight, very few run turn outs..and evwn truck drivers make fun of turnouts on big trucks.

And i'm not old..early 30's, I don't use my truck for work, nor do I try to make it a racecar, nor do I wear wranglers, or boots, and my hat brims are bent with a curved arch. Gee wonder wtf i'm doing here lol.

Jason

Reaction score
Putting on stacks isn't a "new" thing.

The only time I see a stack as reasonable or necesary is a competition purpose where it's mandated for smoke to go up, not across.

swinky

Reaction score
Putting on stacks isn't a "new" thing.

The only time I see a stack as reasonable or necesary is a competition purpose where it's mandated for smoke to go up, not across.

I get what you mean now. I agree stacks in plural. Like more than one. Is straight dumb. I have an axle dump and get schit for it all the time. Everyone thinks its ghetto.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.