Best Fuel Additive for the 6.7 ?!?!?!

Notneb

Reaction score
Yea? The ulsd drying out your mechanical injection pump? LOL

Most of the **** will get you 3-6 points. If you have #2 (literally) in the 30s and 40s for cetane ratings some bottle dope will barely do anything. Id be looking for biodiesel in that instance.

Cute, really, I chuckled. If anyone has an argument backed by facts that supports not adding lubricity to ULSD in regards to modern diesel engines and long term performance/wear, I'm all ears.

Fun read btw for anyone wondering the direct comparison. Feel free to make your own decisions based on the info!

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/DeuceTechnicalManuals/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
We had a real test posted up about a year after the 11s came out...its there to be found

I used to always be carrying the dope around everywhere. Started using good fuel and quit. Never had an issue in 350k miles. I did overdope with white power services in the winter though driving 3-400 miles per day.

Edit: oh and the best lubricity adder was mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited:

T_W6.7

Reaction score
I run Schaeffers Soy Shield and always try to get Cenex Roadmaster XL which is supposed to have a minimum cetane rating of 48.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
You will not find a better balanced product than our Full Torque. I guarantee it's performance. There are probably close to 60 members using it now in all model engines. It is fully oem compliant, so no worries about warranties or anything. It's also bio comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
We had a real test posted up about a year after the 11s came out...its there to be found

I used to always be carrying the dope around everywhere. Started using good fuel and quit. Never had an issue in 350k miles. I did overdope with white power services in the winter though driving 3-400 miles per day.

Edit: oh and the best lubricity adder was mentioned in my previous post.

Oh I know, if you're wanting pure lubricity, bio is the way to go. Any thoughts on percentage?

anth

Reaction score
I have been running amsoil diesel Cetane boost for the last few thousand miles and I have been impressed even gained 1-2 mpg.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You will not find a better balanced product than our Full Torque. I guarantee it's performance. There are probably close to 60 members using it now in all model engines. It is fully oem compliant, so no worries about warranties or anything. It's also bio comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this^^^^^^^^^^

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh I know, if you're wanting pure lubricity, bio is the way to go. Any thoughts on percentage?

Well if you can find a b10 or 11 as its capped in some subsidized states, thats plenty without taking a big hit on fuel economy. If you burn fuel up quick i wouldnt worry too much about the downsides of bio, especially at ~10%.

Ive ran bio before straight and its about a 2mpg hit on something that gets 15mpg. But quiet! Its so frikkin slick its quiet.

Notneb

Reaction score
Well if you can find a b10 or 11 as its capped in some subsidized states, thats plenty without taking a big hit on fuel economy. If you burn fuel up quick i wouldnt worry too much about the downsides of bio, especially at ~10%.

Ive ran bio before straight and its about a 2mpg hit on something that gets 15mpg. But quiet! Its so frikkin slick its quiet.

Gotcha, and I consider anything over 14mpg a good day :p

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

whitey loves bio fuel.. runs well on it.. but yeah, its a mpg or 2 lower with it..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

O&G

Reaction score
Few diesel guys I know recommend Archoil, especially the oil additive when running turbos with ceramic type bearings!

20151230_203234_zpsccowkohe.jpg

BigJerm7

Reaction score
I'm using Archoil right now, but I've used just about all of them. Stanadyne, Stabil has one, Hot Shots Secret, PS, etc. I put something in every tank. It's cheap.

Latest posts

Members online