best head gaskets

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
Well i blew another head gasket got so pist i went to the dodge dealer and almost bought a 5.9 cummins but it didnt have enough cab room so i said **** it ill fix the 6.0 again but anyways who makes the best gaskets for these things cause i am doing it myself this time now that i have a lift, the shop charged me for for factory head gaskets last time it was done so we will see if thats what they had used but whats my best bet to go with? also is it worth getting rcds stage 2 cam with valve springs pushrods and lifters? also thought about putting in new pistons while the cab is off just cause the motor now has 150,000 on it and i drive kinda hard lol time for this truck to make more than 600hp since im keeping it

Countryboy07

Reaction score
OEM gaskets are the way to go.

Had my truck done the first time with black onyx and studs and blew them in less than 10,000 miles with 200/75's and 62/70 turbo. Redid them with OEM gaskets and drove it for 20,000 miles before I sold it with no issues. Last time I checked with the current owner, she is still running strong.

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
if that damn shop used black onyx gaskets ima be pist i told them do not use them. but any ways alright i will keep the stock cam i still might do the piston rings tho cause i do have some blow by out the oil dip stick hole and i have had some pretty hot egts from time to time id like to see at least another 200,000 miles out of the truck cause the body and everything is like brand new still truck has seen one mud hole its entire life ill prob leave the setup the same it is now just tired of dumping money into this thing got like 15k or more into it but if it blows another gasket im done with it... how will i know if they used the oem gaskets? i heard rcds are better taking it this is not true?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I have black diamond gaskets in my truck. Adam said they're made on the same line as OEM and he has had good luck with them. In hindsight is probably go with OEM just for peace of mind

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Black diamond and oem are equivalent, save a couple of bucks with the black diamond because you don't have to buy them with the factory head bolts

Zmann

Reaction score
I was never convinced that the diamonds are the same as the oem

We already now the color of the adhesive is different with my luck even if it was true and they were made on the same line the die in the BD adhesive would cause the gasket to fail LOL

you can find OEM without head bolts cheaper than the kit atleast last time I was looking

Reaction score
OEM Gaskets for sure man, and if u go with the stage 2 cam u will need fly cut pistons for the lift that the stage 2 cam has in it, if u wana do a drop in cam go with the stage 1, but to properly put a cam in the crank has to come out, and that point why not go with pistons as well, yes yes there is another way to put the cam in but its not the proper way

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

No scientific proof, I ordered the gaskets because I trust who sold them to me, told my engine builder if there was ANYTHING he didn't like about them to throw them out and order oem gaskets.

Been about a year and 15k hard miles and I have no issues.

I won't live and die by them, just my honest review of the gaskets

Latest posts

Members online