best head gaskets

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I was a Ford dealer on here and did alot of read up on them

Nice try tho!

And I drive the 600hp truck with those gaskets.

Please enlighten me how you reading people bashing gaskets they've never tried makes your review more valid then someone that has held the gaskets side by side, then trusted them on their truck with great results?

20007.3L

Reaction score
And I drive the 600hp truck with those gaskets.

Please enlighten me how you reading people bashing gaskets they've never tried makes your review more valid then someone that has held the gaskets side by side, then trusted them on their truck with great results?

you really want me to count and let you know how many of these damn trucks came into the shop because the owner was a cheap ass and put cheap ass gaskets in there truck and came back to our shop to get OEM put it?

I LOST COUNT!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
you really want me to count and let you know how many of these damn trucks came into the shop because the owner was a cheap ass and put cheap ass gaskets in there truck and came back to our shop to get OEM put it?

I LOST COUNT!

I don't think you know what black diamond gaskets are, therefore I'm done arguing with you..

To the OP, you should definitely listen to the kid that works on the lube rack at the ford dealership with the 7.3, he knows best.

20007.3L

Reaction score
I don't think you know what black diamond gaskets are, therefore I'm done arguing with you..

To the OP, you should definitely listen to the kid that works on the lube rack at the ford dealership with the 7.3, he knows best.

Want me to tell you where to put those black diamond gaskets?

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I put in bd headgaskets n they failed at 7k redid all that work again with ford gaskets no issues yet go oem or dont waiste your time trust me on this one

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
sweet yeah this is my last time doing them then i am either gonna get rid of the truck or go to the dark side and drop a 12 valve modded in it

Monster12valve

Reaction score
I read post after post about people blowing head gaskets after the heads were decked and studded... I know the machine work wasn't done correctly, I haven't found one post (not saying there isn't a few out there) of trucks blowing them after decked studded and o ringed. Truck I sold not to long ago had 77k on studs and o rings... And a lot of timing and didn't have any trouble. 99% of "turned up" diesels around my area have studs and o rings, and zero issues I have heard of. I'm not trying to stArt a war.... Just trying to educate myself. It seems like some shops hate them, and some like them.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
The best gasket is the one clamped to the flatest head. That's an exaggeration but seriously heads gotta be done right.

Oem gaskets, flat crack free heads and a nice clean block.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The best gasket is the one clamped to the flatest head. That's an exaggeration but seriously heads gotta be done right.

Oem gaskets, flat crack free heads and a nice clean block.

you would be surprised at how many shops and people *** that up

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
waiting for my gasket to blow again....... mechanic didn't have the new Ford head machined before install. Cant wait to do it all over again!

Motostroker

Reaction score
I heard diamonds are made by clevite. And OEM is made by clevite on the same line. But different adhesive. Still though, I only use OEM gaskets. It's not worth the risk in my opinion. I've never had a come back with OEM. I have had one with diamonds though......

Latest posts