best injectors for PMR's

sidwaz

Reaction score
What are the best injectors to use with PMR's. I have a gt38r and a dp tuner f6. Would like to make 400-450 rwhp. I only want to but injectors once. I was tinking about Swamps 200/30 or maybe Casserly 238's. Suggestions?

MINK

Reaction score
Why add power on top of a known problem?

With injectors I say go beyond your goals and tune to where you want it.

238/100s would be my vote.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I'm running 250/200's on PMR's right now. I would never go with a small 30% nozzle if you're trying to make over 400 rwhp... unless you like high EGT's.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Every time I see one of these threads about "what injectors are best" for whatever unstated purpose - I want to answer 400/400s.

What are your plans? Goals? Usage? Requirements? Give us something. If you want us to tell you what injectors will allow your PMR motor to live forever - the correct answer is NONE - not even stock. If you understand the risk of modifications, understand that you need to get some tuning for the new sticks that keeps cylinder pressures in check, etc.... then I STILL can't answer your question because I don't know what you want to do with the truck. Stage 1s might be perfect for you - 300/200 hybrids could be where its at. Everything has a level of risk and a level of performance - its a matter of knowing what level of risk is acceptable and what level of performance you wish to achieve.

Jason

skew12

Reaction score
Every time I see one of these threads about "what injectors are best" for whatever unstated purpose - I want to answer 400/400s.

What are your plans? Goals? Usage? Requirements? Give us something. If you want us to tell you what injectors will allow your PMR motor to live forever - the correct answer is NONE - not even stock. If you understand the risk of modifications, understand that you need to get some tuning for the new sticks that keeps cylinder pressures in check, etc.... then I STILL can't answer your question because I don't know what you want to do with the truck. Stage 1s might be perfect for you - 300/200 hybrids could be where its at. Everything has a level of risk and a level of performance - its a matter of knowing what level of risk is acceptable and what level of performance you wish to achieve.

Jason

Excellent answer.

farm boy

Reaction score
What are the best injectors to use with PMR's. I have a gt38r and a dp tuner f6. Would like to make 400-450 rwhp. I only want to but injectors once. I was tinking about Swamps 200/30 or maybe Casserly 238's. Suggestions?

Unlimited's 238/80's or 100's. That will get you right there at your power goal.

I was @ 430rwhp (92.2@8200lbs) for 2 yrs with those inj. Still running them today with zero complaints...

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Unlimited's 238/80's or 100's. That will get you right there at your power goal.

I was @ 430rwhp (92.2@8200lbs) for 2 yrs with those inj. Still running them today with zero complaints...

Making a peak power number tells me nothing about how he wants to run and drive his truck, or what level of risk is acceptable to him.

I'm not saying your answer is wrong - but 400 ponies can be made with the supporting mods on a set of single shot stage 1s. Why not recommend those sticks over the hybrids? :D

sidwaz

Reaction score
I use the truck as a daily driver and only tow under 10k occasionally. With the stock gearing on a 6spd with 37's could use so more power. Clutch is only rated to 450 and I realize the risks involved with PMR motors but I do see quite a few poeple as of late with more luck. Tuning has come a long ways in the past few years. I am leaning towards 238/100%, can I run anybody's tuning on the F6?

average

Reaction score
I'm happy with my combo, but I'm also somewhat prepared if it decides to blow. Depends if you want to always have that in the back of your head or not.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

Jason

You beat me to it LOL

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
F6 is gonna be Jody's tunes only.

And, while there are a handful of injector combo's to make your peak power goal, what's been said prior about truck use is the real question.

Also, IMHO opinion it's much more about tuning than injector when you're tryin to keep an engine together.

mattman347

Reaction score
PMR's and anything extra could spell trouble. I am running 238/100's on a 2003 PMR truck that just has an intake and stock exhaust. It really is all in the tuning and little luck.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id buy some rodswith the inj's or just be prepared for it to blow.

If you.drive aggressively this is just a bad idea. The small hybrids will run clean though, with good tunes.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
There is not a best injector for a PMR engine. But a properly functioning one with great tuning will go a very long way to keeping your motor together.

The biggest term being TUNING. Dont risk it, get it live tuned

TyCorr

Reaction score
600/600's....Just put those rods outa their misery fast and swift. Then move on to better rods.

I was waiting for you to come in here....id say some like you had and aggressive tunong and the rods would make it one wot pass.

Latest posts

Members online