best intake?

duddy

Reaction score
Agreed on the AFE, when air is needed it is there. S&B filters very well but only good to a certain power range. And the H&S fit good on my 6.4, but i pulled the filter minder immediately. AFE pro 5r worked the best for me.

imelmo

Reaction score
No Limit has one also. Not sure if it's done or not yet though.

Atsah

Reaction score
I would leave it stock.. The stock unit on the 6.0 works well and I think changing it out for an aftermarket unit is a waste of money..

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Well I plan on doing 190/100s and a stage 2 or 3 turbo and want as much air as possible. Lots out there all claiming stuff, basically want the stupid bulky stock one out of there.

Reaction score
I agree with atsah! I like the stock filter on the 6.0s. They filter well and flow a lot of air if you do the zoodad mod. I ran the mtw stage 3 on the stock intake for the longest time.

imelmo

Reaction score
While the stock intake will work, I've swapped just the intake out with an AFE unit (no other changes) and there is a noticeable difference in throttle response and acceleration. Truck had a tuner on it and nothing else.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
stock intakes are the best way to go to about 500 or so HP, that being said from what your plans look like, and aftermarket intake will be of some help, AFE and S&B are the two systems we go with 99% of the time. Seeing what your budgest is, S&B might be your best option for the $. For what its worth, S&B is what i was perviously running on my truck...its off the truck now becauase of the compounds

Bubba88

Reaction score
Not a fan of AEM. I run the S&B on my truck and I know several others who have S&B and they love it. I would also recommend AFE but they're a little more $$. For $269 you can't beat the S&B

Koda22

Reaction score
That's one big thing, the price of the s&b, it seems to be one of the better ones and has a good price

lifted350

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the AFE intake I had on my truck. Ran it for about 2 year's till my current turbo set up. Most of my customer's usually go with that or the S&B. But from the sounds of your future plan's I would go with the AFE as I never had a issue with air flow. Few people I know suck the filter minder closed instantly with the S&B's which mean's not enough air flow.

Blackcloud413

Reaction score
The stock one is such a bitch to change, its worth the money to replace it for that reason alone, to me....

Latest posts

Members online